Insteon 2342 Mini Remote momentary

geekdad

Hello. Is there a way I can make a 2342-2 Remote button function as a momentary? I took a look at the manual and I'm not seeing it. Any help would be great. I'm using the ISY-994i as a hub and I don't see a way to change the status via the program there also. I cross posted on the Insteon site, but that seems pretty slow...  

Any help is good help. smile.png

Thank you

Link to the manual that says pretty much nothing about momentary. http://cache.insteon.com/documentation/2342-x32-en.pdf

The Mini Remote functions as an On/Off switch, it sends either and On or an Off. The only way to automate a delay between On and Off is with a program.

Edit: your other post was only an hour ago.

You are right. I'll do exactly that.  Thank you for your help.

I also appolgize for the cross posting. I need to work on being more patient.  I should have just posted here first.

I'll make it a momentary function by setting up a state variable and everytime the button changes status's I'll change the state variable for time X.  And then run the programs off the state variable.  When I'm finished I'll post the code so that others who search can find the answer easier. 

Thanks again.

Archived