Integrating Swimming Pool Light with ISY

eas1205

I have a general safety question on setting up my swimming pool light with my ISY. The box with light switch that controls my swimming pool light is too shallow to accommodate a switch linc replacement unfortunately. My next thought was to keep the original switch in the on position and just put an Insteon Micro on/off switch inside the jbox behind my diving board and use that to turn the pool light on and off. Is this a safe setup or any electrical safety issues with doing it this way? 

I have a general safety question on setting up my swimming pool light with my ISY. The box with light switch that controls my swimming pool light is too shallow to accommodate a switch linc replacement unfortunately. My next thought was to keep the original switch in the on position and just put an Insteon Micro on/off switch inside the jbox behind my diving board and use that to turn the pool light on and off. Is this a safe setup or any electrical safety issues with doing it this way? 

Where is the GFCI that protects this electrical circuit, at the main breaker?

Depending upon where you live and what NEC code is enforced in your local. The application of a secondary remote switch may be allowed / disallowed. I would simply call the city inspector and inquire first.

=========================

The highest calling in life is to serve ones country faithfully - Teach others what can be. Do what is right and not what is popular.

If the box into which you intend the install the Micro Module is approved for it's current use, and there's probably no reason it isn't, then yes, you can install a Micro Module. The code doesn't really specify what can be enclosed, only that the enclosure be approved.

More succinctly, the only concern of the National Electric Code is safety. In the US it's published by the National Fire Protection Association, a private, not government, organization. In Canada, it's a government published document (CEC).

Archived