Programming Aeotec MultiSensor

frank

Would like to request assistance in programming an Aeotec MultiSensor to sense both Luminance and motion. If I use the if statement and try to turn a light on with both motion and luminance less than 50 lux, the light turns on but as soon as the multisensor sees the light the value changes from the luminance and therefore will not work for an occupancy detector. The if statement goes false as soon as the value increases above 50 lux. The only control I have of this value is the time between sending the report from the z wave device which I would like to keep at 30 seconds as I am using the USB power and not concerned about battery life.

Also have a question regarding the Then statement. Is there any way to stop the then command once it has been started, such as when used in a timer situation when it gets started because no motion was detected but during the wait time of say 2 minutes, motion is again detected and I wish to keep the lights on until no motion is detected?

If anyone has a good program for occupancy detection utilizing an Aeotec MultiSensor, I would appreciate seeing it.

if

control  z sensor is switched on

and status  z sensor is < 50 lux

then

set kitchen lights on

else

Thanks,

Frank

First, you can't use "Control" on a Z-Wave device unless you're running the latest alpha software.

You need 2 programs.

Program1:

if

status  z sensor is switched on

then

Run (if) Program2

else

set kitchen lights off

Program2:

if

status z sensor < 50 lux

then

set kitchen lights on

You should set Program2 to disabled.

Either the Then or Else will be interrupted if anything in the "If" changes, if you have a Wait or Repeat statement in the body of the program.

Archived