Keypadlinc Buttons in My Lighting?

matapan

I recently noticed that the A - D button for my Keypadlinc device do not show up in the Devices list under My Lighting. The Keypadlinc's load device (on/off) does show up in the list. Is this by Design? The buttons do show up in the Admin Console.

I am running ISY99i/IR PRO with version 2.7.0 firmware.

Thanks!

That's correct. You cannot directly turn on/off non-load buttons. They show up in the Admin Console so you can name the buttons for program references, create mutually exclusive buttons, and set mode (toggle/non). If you want to control the buttons (turn on/off the LED) you need to create a Scene with that button in it, and control it via the scene.

Though the secondary buttons do not show up on the right-hand pane of the Admin Console when you select My Lighting, they do show up in the list of nodes on the left-hand side of the screen under My Lighting.

If you highlight the button on the left, you will see the status displayed on the right.

I'm relying on the Keypadlinc button state change (e.g. If Control 'Keypadlinc Button' is switched On) as the trigger to run a program.

If the Keypadlinc button is added to a Scene, and the scene is used to control the button state, the state change doesn't appear to trigger the program to run. It just changes the state of the Keypadlinc button's LED.

Is there a way to trigger the program to run? I am dependent on the state change, so I don't think using 'Status' will work. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

If you are turning the LED on via a scene, use "If Status 'KeypadLinc Button' is On". This will trigger whenever the LED is on, whether turned on via a scene or by a physical key press. I just tried this in an event because I was worried that it would constantly trigger while it was "On", but it only triggered once.

When you highlight a scene in the Admin Console, it would be nice if the Current State list (top) also showed the current state of the LEDs along with the other devices in the scene. I guess it depends on personal preference.

Personally I agree. This is currently on our list of possible changes to consider, and we hope to discuss this soon.

Archived