Node Colors in MyLighting vs Scene

sceaton

Is there a reason that the nodes are colored differently in the MyLighting tree folder than in a Scene folder?

This leads me to believe that they're "different", but when I click either one, all of the "stuff" on the right side is the same.

Maybe when you click on a node, the right side displays the level/rate sliders for it's local settings, PLUS each controller it's managed by. For example, when clicking a node (device) the sliders area could look like:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Device Settings ...

...in Response to Local Device interaction:

------ On Level 0 20 40 60 80 100 --------- Ramp Rate 0.1s 19s 30s 1m 4m 9m

...in Response to controller:

...in Response to controller:

(repeat for as many controllers as applicable)

...in Response to ISY Scene :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another possibility is to make the colors the same, and add a title to the level/rate sliders to indicate they adjust the local values.

I get the red for controllers, that makes sense.

But ...

If the difference between the node in MyLighting and the same node in a scene is that "it's a responder" in a scene (so it's blue) and not a responder in MyLighting (so it's purple), then I think that by clicking that blue responder node, it should show you the level/rate sliders that it's responding to (the scene, not the local settings)

The problem with that, is that it's kindof confusing since you can have OTHER controllers in the scene as well (which have their own sliders). That's why I thought of just showing ALL of the sliders the node responds to (plus the local settings), like the example in my previous post.

The blue devices in My Lighting are responders only. LampLincs and ApplianceLinks, InlineLincs, EZIO outputs, etc.

The violet devices are controllers, most of which can also be responders.

I would request that controller only devices be red. ControLinc, RemoteLinc, EZIO inputs...

I like it.

The same could be done in the scene nodes.

Thank you,

Rand

Are you talking about the non-load buttons on keypadlincs, controllincs, remotelincs, should be red?

Those would be helpful if they where colored red that would be more helpful that is true.

If any change, Rand's idea is correct as usual. We should post all new ideas and then just wait for him to come around and finish the new ideas. 8)

Are you talking about the non-load buttons on keypadlincs, controllincs, remotelincs, should be red?

Those would be helpful if they where colored red that would be more helpful that is true.

If any change, Rand's idea is correct as usual. We should post all new ideas and then just wait for him to come around and finish the new ideas. 8)

Thank you. I know you don't mean it but it's sure nice to hear! 8)

Yes. Of course you can count on Rand. Not that anyone always makes the right decisions , but

Can we also use the colored text to fix this?: http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=315&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

That's still got me a bit confused, but I know we can blend it in somehow. That will make all the windows line up.

Archived