Unable to reach ISY

miataguy

I've been running Mobilinc Pro for years without a problem. All of a sudden, today, I started getting this message:

Unable to reach ISY

Attempted 3 times to set the Geofence variable but was unable to establish a connection with the ISY.

I tried rebooting the ISY. No help.

What may have changed?

Hi Miataguy,

In the 4.12 release, we added more retry and notification logic around the geo-fence variable. Before 4.12 MobiLinc would attempt to reach your ISY to set the variable and then silently fail if it couldn't reach it inside of the 60 second window iOS gives MobiLinc to run on geo-fence bounday crossing. Now, MobiLinc will retry up to 3 times to reach your ISY inside of that 60 second window. If it can't set the variable, MobiLinc will issue this notification to let you know.

Wes

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Miataguy,

In the 4.12 release, we added more retry and notification logic around the geo-fence variable. Before 4.12 MobiLinc would attempt to reach your ISY to set the variable and then silently fail if it couldn't reach it inside of the 60 second window iOS gives MobiLinc to run on geo-fence bounday crossing. Now, MobiLinc will retry up to 3 times to reach your ISY inside of that 60 second window. If it can't set the variable, MobiLinc will issue this notification to let you know.

Wes

This is happening to me as well...multiple times a day...and it is annoying.  At first I was concerned that Mobilinc couldn't communicate at all with ISY, but that is not the case. I'm still able to control devices even after receiving this error message.  

Hi pdxcav,

There's one thing I can think of that might cause this: There's a geofence setup in MobiLinc pointing to a variable that no longer exists on the ISY. Thus, whenever MobiLinc tries to set this, communication is good, but the variable doesn't exist and then the notification.

The multiple times a day is interesting. I'm assuming this is all when you are in one location? Or are you moving around in and out of your geo-fence? One thing you may want to try just to clear out and reset what we're looking at is to:

1. Close the Admin Console.

2. Delete the all the geo-fences you have in MobiLinc.

3. Then open the Admin Console (don't have the Admin Console open when adding/deleting geo-fences in MobiLinc) and verify or delete remaining geo-fence variables. 

4. Close the Admin Console.

5. Recreate the geo-fence in MobiLinc with an ISY Variable. 

Observe if the issue is resolved.

Wes

• 3 months later...

Archived