I/O linc and motions

little66085

Ok guys,

I need to install an I/O linc to open an automatic door.  I plan to use a new style motion on both sides of the door.  I also would like to "lock out" the open function during night hours.  Can someone give me assistance on writing program?  Also, will things get confused when someone exits and the second motion picks up the movement?  I would connect to the N/O terminals on the door opener, correct?  Door is programmed to automatically close after 5 seconds.  Thanks!

What controls the door opener now? Is it a low voltage device (<30volts) or line voltage (110/120 VAC)? Provide the make and model and, if possible, a link to the manual.

It is 120v line voltage to an internal 12v transformer.  I plan to install the I/O prior to the opener, and use the I/O to send a signal to the opener similar to a push button exit.  The exit terminals are simply a 2 wire contact to close circuit exactly like a GDO wall button.  Currently there is a keypad on the one side and a push to exit on the other.

An I/O Linc is the correct device, but if you want a scheduled "lock out," then you'll need to use a program or battery eliminator to minimize a delay which may be as long a 2-3 seconds. The delay may be to your advantage to avoid conflicts involving two sensors or you can use a bit more complex program. You'll have to experiment to find the ideal program delay. Alternatively, you may be able to set the delay for the I/O Linc. We can work on the delay/program after you get the door working. I'm guessing that there's no location that can be seen from both sides.

You are correct, connect the push button (2-wires?) and keypad (2-wires?) to the NO and COM connections on the I/O Linc. Polarity doesn't matter. Link both Motion Sensors as controllers of the I/O Link relay. You may want to start by linking only one motion sensor.

Archived