All FanLincs & On/OFF Devices Come On At Once

All my Fanlincs 2475F (3), all my On/Off switches 2477S (3), all my I/OLincs 2450 (5) and a door lock/unlock device (forget the model) came on today at the same time. A year ago almost to the day this same thing happened. 

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/18962-oddest-thing-i-have-seen-yet-in-insteon-setup/

I have about 70 Insteon devices throughout my house.

This is what came on simultaneously:

* Gas logs in 2 fireplaces. (Now this is scary.)

* Great room fan.

* Family room fan.

* MBR bathroom fan.

* MBR ceiling fan.

* Deck fans.

* Stairway lights (controlled by I/OLinc)

* Garage door stopped mid-way opening (I/OLinc).

* All doors unlocked (semi scary).

* (Pretty sure the driveway lights came on too - controlled by 2477S)

Ever since this happened some really strange things have been going on. For one, there is constant Insteon traffic. I can tell from my lights flickering (which they often do when there is a burst of traffic) almost continuously, along with the LED on my I/OLincs. A few light dimmers will either not turn on a light, or not turn it off, unless you try again in a minute or so, then they will. A couple of lights controlled by the ISY will not come on or not go off when they are supposed to, but later when the same event is triggered, they will.

Before anyone suggests to check the log, there is no log. The folder "ISY" is empty and always has been.

But what CAN I check???

post-6074-0-46937700-1495135782_thumb.png

All my Fanlincs 2475F (3), all my On/Off switches 2477S (3), all my I/OLincs 2450 (5) and a door lock/unlock device (forget the model) came on today at the same time. A year ago almost to the day this same thing happened. 

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/18962-oddest-thing-i-have-seen-yet-in-insteon-setup/

I have about 70 Insteon devices throughout my house.

This is what came on simultaneously:

* Gas logs in 2 fireplaces. (Now this is scary.)

* Great room fan.

* Family room fan.

* MBR bathroom fan.

* MBR ceiling fan.

* Deck fans.

* Stairway lights (controlled by I/OLinc)

* Garage door stopped mid-way opening (I/OLinc).

* All doors unlocked (semi scary).

* (Pretty sure the driveway lights came on too - controlled by 2477S)

Ever since this happened some really strange things have been going on. For one, there is constant Insteon traffic. I can tell from my lights flickering (which they often do when there is a burst of traffic) almost continuously, along with the LED on my I/OLincs. A few light dimmers will either not turn on a light, or not turn it off, unless you try again in a minute or so, then they will. A couple of lights controlled by the ISY will not come on or not go off when they are supposed to, but later when the same event is triggered, they will.

Before anyone suggests to check the log, there is no log. The folder "ISY" is empty and always has been.

But what CAN I check???

attachicon.gifInsteonInfo.png

This is the classic and unpopular Insteon "All On" problem. Search for many threads reporting this.

It is thought to be a clash of Insteon signals, primarily from battery operated devices that cannot synchronise, with other devices and is thought to result in an All On Insteon command signal.

One of the theorised cures is to add a time delay in front of any Insteon signals output from ISY programs to avoid some of the possibility.

In my case I was getting an Insteon scene triggered. I could tell by the matching brightness level patterns in four affected devices. My apparent cure was to power cycle and restore a ONOff plug-in module, that I believe was issuing an occasional scene on command, that it was not involved with at all.

Many people here have not trusted Insteon for sensitive items like, garage door openers and fireplaces, where security or danger is involved, until this problem is solved.

Archived