FanLinc / KPL6 integration with Amazon Echo / Alexa

kzboray

I must be missing the obvious, but I can't get Alexa to respond to Fan scenes.

ISY 994i

FW 5.0.10

FanLinc Scenes

Light

Low

Medium

High

Each scene works with the linked KPL6, but when setup a voice pattern I can't get it to work.

I have tried setting the notes field to "Fan Low" and then in my.iys.io / connectivity adding the scene and listing "Fan Low" as the spoken words. Then in Alexa.Amazon.com discovering devices. Fan low is discovered, but when I say Alexa, Fan Low  all I get is a Duh Dun sound. The same is true if I say, "Fan Low, On."  I did manage to get "Fan OFF" to work by simply giving the Fan Off scene a verbal name of "Fan" and then letting Alexa's nature Off do the rest, but Speed selection eludes me. Has anyone been able to make it work and if so...how?

Thank you

This sounds like the high medium and low words are confusing the parser next to On..

Try

....Alexa. Turn On Fan Low

This is the order of syntax I use for controlling fans; the speed is the last word in the voice command. It works, except sometimes it gets confused between the multiple fans that I have and asks me which device to I want to control.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the order of syntax I use for controlling fans; the speed is the last word in the voice command. It works, except sometimes it gets confused between the multiple fans that I have and asks me which device to I want to control.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find any time I have multiple devices with the same first word the re-ask is a problem. It seems that when the following words are not completely clear, or even clear, Alexa will ask again and when given the exact same phrase, is OK with that.

But I have found the more successful syntax is

...Alexa...turn on/off xxxxxx.

The syntax

...Alexa... Turn xxxxxx on/off

malfunctioned about 50% of the time, for me. The end of the device name is harder to parse and parsing would have to be done back to front then.

Archived