1 ISY with Portal used with numerous Harmony Hubs and Echo's

kevindavis544

I would like to test in my own environment the Harmony Hub(s). There is a little bit of a caveat on Logitech's side when using more than one Echo device with more than one HH. This is what their Customer Service department recommended:

“Harmony Hub 1 is used by creating an account at MyHarmony under kevin@adaptingtechnologies.com. User decides to use it in the Living Room. For the Echo Device 1 in the LR, he sets it up with an Amazon account under kevin@adaptingtechnologies.com.

Harmony Hub 2 is used by creating an account at MyHarmony under 
kevin@adaptingtechnologies.com. User decides to use it in the Bedroom. For the Echo Device 2 in the BR, he sets it up with an Amazon account under kevin123@adaptingtechnologies.com.

To summarize it, you can program the two Harmony Hubs using one MyHarmony account, while you need to set-up the two Echo Dots using two different Amazon accounts.”

Currently, I have 2 Echo’s and 2 Harmony Hub's (each pair of devices in different rooms with different AV equipment).

So I am looking at possibly setting these up as follows:

Harmony Hub 1 using MyHarmony account under Kevin@adaptingtechnologies.com linked to Amazon account with the same name (Echo device #1)

Harmony Hub 2 using MyHarmony account under Kevin@adaptingtechnologies.com linked to Amazon account Kevin123@adaptingtechnologies.com (Echo device #2)

By doing this, I'm assuming I will have to deregister one of the Echo’s from its existing Amazon Account and Register it to a different Amazon account (Kevin123@adaptingtechnologies.com). I'm thinking this will then affect my Smart Home Skill (ISY Optimized Smart Home V2) which is currently being used by both Echo’s through the ISY Portal where the Profile is linked using email address Kevin@adaptingtechnologies.com and Amazon account linked to: Kevin@adaptingtechnologies.com (name of my Amazon Account as well).

Has anyone with once ISY and Portal tried this with two Echo’s and two Harmony Hubs?

Archived