Advice after power surge

brianh32877

Long story short I had a power surge at the house that took out quite a few devices in my network (PLM, router, security NVR, etc). While replacing the damaged stuff I decided to make some changes to the 4 KPLs in the house by rearranging and adding new buttons so they are more useful. I deleted all scenes and programs from my ISY and started from scratch.  Now that I have redone all the programming I'm having several issues. Seems like a mix of what the buttons used to do and what it's programmed to do now.  Do I need to go through and reset all the insteon switches, fanlincs, and KPLs?  

Factory resetting everything will probably save you time in the long run. And get a whole house surge suppressor. which will save you both time and money in the long run.

....and what Stu said but make sure any conductor coming into your house has a good ground wire to the same point as your electrical service. This means phone, cable TV or whatever is connected to your Router. Sounds like it came in on one service and got your equipment, looking for ground.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Archived