FanLinc Won't Shut Off Fan

brockp

I have a FanLinc, been installed for about 4 months.  Last night I was warm and tried to speed up the fan but it jumped to full speed.

I went into MobiLinc and tried to control it and while it would report and respond off, low, med, etc.  it stayed full speed.  I tried from the ISY console same issue, the log says value are being changed but stays full speed.

I then shut off power at the breaker waiting a minute, turned back on same issue.

Light portion still work fine,  just the fan control appears to have failed.

I have not done a factory rest on it yet, as it's in the attic and have to climb up to get it. Though with the way it behaves I'm not sure it will help.

Anyone else had issues with this?  The device is almost new.

Thoughts?

Communication problem? Corrupt links? From the ISY, are you controlling a scene or fanlinc from ISY?

I would try some simpler things first, before climbing to attic. Try a restore device on the fanlinc. Try moving plm to different circuit. Try query the fanlinc (does it respond?).

Hopefully a full reset is not needed.

Communication problem? Corrupt links? From the ISY, are you controlling a scene or fanlinc from ISY?

I would try some simpler things first, before climbing to attic. Try a restore device on the fanlinc. Try moving plm to different circuit. Try query the fanlinc (does it respond?).

Hopefully a full reset is not needed.

No communication problem, I and query it just fine. I see the ack's in the ISY log.  It reports the correct settings.

I'm controlling everything via scenes, but went into the device directly also, same behavior.

Light control works just fine also, so not thinking communication problem.

I also did a restore from they ISY that worked just fine, no change in behavior.

No communication problem, I and query it just fine. I see the ack's in the ISY log.  It reports the correct settings.

I'm controlling everything via scenes, but went into the device directly also, same behavior.

Light control works just fine also, so not thinking communication problem.

I also did a restore from they ISY that worked just fine, no change in behavior.

Perhaps a reset would work, but it does start to sound as if you have a failure here. Also...ugh.

Archived