You can check in but you can't check out

curmudgeon

Everything works well on my ISY Alexa set up with one exception:  I can say, "Alexa turn on living room"(scene) and she will give me an OK and turn on the lighting to my pre-set scene levels.

BUT when I say, "Alexa, turn off living room",  I get "Hmmm, living room is not responding".

I can give these two commands 10 seconds apart , but "turn off" command always fails.

Can anyone give me a reason why this is happening and, even better, a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Curmudgeon

I was recently trying to get alexa to open my iolinc controlled garage with "Open" instead of "Turn on garage".  Open and close by themselves never work.

While trying a number of other things, for grins I tried: "Alexa, open the <censored> garage". It works every time.

Other 2 syllable substitute words do not work, "I can't find a device called...."

Paul

While trying a number of other things, for grins I tried: "Alexa, open the <censored> garage". It works every time.

Other 2 syllable substitute words do not work, "I can't find a device called...."

Paul

No Alexander or whatever here (see SNL) but this cracks me up. Almost sounds like it's learning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Alexander or whatever here (see SNL) but this cracks me up. Almost sounds like it's learning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:-P  Let's just say that its related to a technique developed when navigating a certain payer's IVR system, when I know for certain that I need to work with an agent... and the IVR system wants to fight me to the death.

Fingers crossed,  I may have found a fix.  Changed from two word scene spoken name, living room, to single word scene spoken name - lights.    Now both on and off commands seem to work OK.

When in doubt, try to go with single word names for your devices and scenes.

Archived