AFCI Breakers and Insteon

I'll be installing a new set of circuit breakers in my house soon. I believe the current electrical code in my locale calls for homeowners to install AFCI (Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter) breakers. Having done some searches on AFCI breakers and Insteon, it appears that some users experience circuit breaker trips when Insteon powerline signals are broadcast. 

Like LED bulbs, the selection of a particular brand of AFCI breaker seems to be important. Can anyone using these breakers share their experience with the brands they've tried and describe what has worked and what hasn't, by brand and model? Thanks.

Info only: Virtually any local code applies to new construction and certain modifications to existing structures. Upgrades to existing electric wiring are, most often, not required when changing wired in and plugged in electric devices (e.g., switches, washing machines, fixtures, etc,).

Aside: I did install Leviton AFCI receptacles according to current NEC code, but I didn't change any breakers, so no advice there. I do agree with voluntarily upgrading B)

With two Federal Pioneer Stabloc AFCIs I have never experienced any trouble.

However, the reverse seems to be true, that Insteon powerline signals have a hard time passing through the AFCI breakers. Until I got more Insteon dual-band devices on other non-AFCI circuits, close to my bedroom devices, they only worked about 50% of the time.

Archived