Random IR Activity Appearing in Event Log

I've been trying to add a certain lamp to scenes and have been experiencing all kinds of problems (likely loose connections, I'm thinking), so I've been keeping my eye on the Event Log (Level 3) lately. Today, I noticed some random IR Presses appearing in the Log. For example, while trying to add the lamp to a scene, this appeared:

2009/03/03 11:10:59 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 0F.AF.E9 0F 2B F4 06 PEEK (F4)

2009/03/03 11:11:02 : [ IR] 0155 Press

2009/03/03 11:11:08 : [iNST-ACK ] 02 62 0F.AF.E9 0F 28 0F 06 SET-MSB(0F)

I cleared the Log and went upstairs to check out the lamp, and when I came back, the Log showed this:

2009/03/03 11:21:44 : [ IR] 0255 Press

2009/03/03 11:24:34 : [ IR] 02AD Press

I have two IR receivers that could possibly be putting these commands on my power line: my ISY and my IRLinc. I've had the IRLinc a year, but only added it to ISY and my home theater a few days ago. I also use Smarthome's Hidden IR system in my home theater setup, and currently have an IR emitter on my ISY. This may or may not be related, but I have lately (couple months) been having a problem with my XBOX 360, wherein the drawer opens by itself in the middle of a game, or even in the middle of the night while the 360 is turned off. (There is an IR emitter on the 360.) This suggests to me that I might have rogue IR signals coming from somewhere in the room.

Any ideas, other than gremlins?

Any plasmas pointing at any of your IR receivers that route to your ISY (directly or through the hidden IR system)?

The IR entries in your log would not be from the IRLinc, so you can cross that off your list.

Nope, no plasma TVs. I do have an LCD TV in that room, but it's been off (fully off, not in standby) every time one of these rogue signals has been generated.

Any plasmas pointing at any of your IR receivers that route to your ISY (directly or through the hidden IR system)?

The IR entries in your log would not be from the IRLinc, so you can cross that off your list.

I would take everything off your ISY's IR until you no longer get those stray codes, then add things back in until you figure out the source. When I first installed the ISY-99 in my home I found lots of stray IR coming from my wholehouse Russound audio system keypads, which I utilized to pass IR from every room in my home to my ISY. Turns out the issue was a plasma facing one of my keypads - when it was on, it flooded the IR emitter.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived