Can't Log In To Admin Console

jgcharlotte

Ok, so I changed my router to the router in the Spectrum modem, then realized my Portal wasn't working, I guess because the ISY was configured with the old router.  So I re-installed the old router just for the ISY.  Works great, Portal interface came right up.  But now, I can't log in to the Admin Console, which was working fine.  Instead of login I get the attached.

The computer I am on is connected to the modem router, the ISY is connected to it's own router, I guess that's the problem, but I'm using static IP, it should work, shouldn't it?

Thanks.

Note:  I tried closing the console, rebooting the ISY, then restarting the console, no luck.

post-7335-0-52185300-1501336117_thumb.jpg

Two routers will likely confuse your whole network.

Only one DHCP server should exist on your LAN. Your new router needs to be set up to match your previous IP addresses established in your softwares.

Turn the old router off, and configure your new router to the same same subnet address range as your old router was.

Install an IP address reservation for your ISY into the new router's DHCP IP address reservtion table and turn on DHCP in your ISY (losing the static IP assignment). Let your router assign it or you will likely have clashes later and your whole LAN can go nuts.

Thanks,

The static IP I'm using is 161, so it is well out of the range DHCP would assign.

I'd actually rather get the portal working on the new router, I did this cause the old one already worked.  But I don't want to cause more problems.

I'm just not sure what needs to be done there.

I noticed upnp was disabled in the new router.  Wondering if that would affect the portal interface.

I'm probably better off getting the portal to work with the new router instead of using a separate router.  Going to start a new topic to that effect.

Thanks!

If your ISY is not on your router accepted IP addresses for your LAN it probably won't pass the data requests through it and back, from the Internet. Turn off your static IP address and then reboot your ISY as a trial.

Simply using two routers won't work. Unless each router is made aware of the other, one router may not be able to access addresses on the other router.

Archived