New Router, Portal Does Not Work

jgcharlotte

Can you ping 192.168.0.161 from your windows system?

Does the new router provide a table of connected clients with IPs, usually you can find the ISY there

Paul

Yes, it pings it 4 times and I get 4 responses max 1 msec.

Interesting, I'm sure I saw it in the client list earlier, not it says (IP) unknown for port 2, which is the port ISY is plugged into.  MAC address is correct.

Unknown Unknown 00:21:b9:02:2c:44 Eth-Switch Lan(2)

If the finder can't find your ISY, then something is wrong with your network (unless of course, you deliberately and knowingly configured your network in such a fashion to disallow the finder the ability to find your ISY).  Start by turning off all the firewalls and antivirus and antimalware and anti-this-or-that-posing-as-security-ware software -- if that doesn't help, then you probably have disjoint subnets (multiple routers/firewalls) or you have subnet problems (router mis-configuration or host PC mis-configuration).

It finds the ISY, but I can't do anything with it.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.  I'm not clear what to do when it finds it.

Attached is what I get, along with the console window with a bunch of errors.

post-7335-0-74842000-1501368731_thumb.jpg

If the router supports IP address assignment by MAC address, give that a try and restart both

MAC=00:21:b9:02:2c:44 and

IP=192.168.0.161

If all 3 entries in the ISY got changed from 192.168.1.y to 192.168.0.y it should have found it

Paul

There are 2 things that appear in the finder. One is ISYs it finds by pinging your network. The other is manual entries. I believe what you're seeing this the manual entry created based on the suggestion a number of posts back.

Paul

Not sure where to find it, I'll dig.

Again, when the finder pops up with my ISY listed, what am I supposed to do then? I can't seem to do anything.

Try clicking on the IP address.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

When I type the IP 192.168.0.161 into a browser I can access the UDAJAX and I can control devices.

If I try to access the admin console from that it just displays the 'keep this window open' screen and does nothing.

That'll happen if you're using Firefox which no longer supports Java. Try IE.

In any case, the address is correct. Try the finder now. What IP address is displayed?

Thanks Paul!  Yes, that was it.  I guess I should have changed it when I changed the IP, but I changed only the IP.  Duh.  I set up the networks myself but my knowledge beyond basic is in the 'enough to be dangerous' category.

I still can't get on to the console, except for thru IE.  The finder still finds the correct IP, but the errors I get still stay 168.1 instead of 0.  Kinda weird. Hopefully I'll get that figured out.

Thanks again to all for all the help.

Thanks Paul!  Yes, that was it.  I guess I should have changed it when I changed the IP, but I changed only the IP.  Duh.  I set up the networks myself but my knowledge beyond basic is in the 'enough to be dangerous' category.

I still can't get on to the console, except for thru IE.  The finder still finds the correct IP, but the errors I get still stay 168.1 instead of 0.  Kinda weird. Hopefully I'll get that figured out.

Try clearing your Java cache and see if that helps.

Cool! Its always harder than we want.  As a future note, sometimes but not always, you can change the subnet that the router uses to what your current one is, so the isy and everything else don't even see it happen

Paul

Cool! Its always harder than we want.  As a future note, sometimes but not always, you can change the subnet that the router uses to what your current one is, so the isy and everything else don't even see it happen

Paul

:) Which, in retrospect, is probably what we all should have recommended in the first place... would have been hours easier!

No biggie, it's done now, and works.

I remember 'back in the day', when we were messing with serial drivers in industrial automation. . .  stop bits, baud rate, parity, blah, blah, blah.  I wasn't very good at that either LOL.

Archived