How to replace Morning Industries door lock controller on Isy

satwar

You may want to consider switching to a Z-Wave lock (which requires the Z-Wave Module). Unlike the MI locks, Z-Wave locks do report their status, locked or unlocked.

In any case, right click on the device(s) you want to remove and select Delete. If the device is in a folder, you'll need to move it out of the folder first (right click for that option). If you intend to replace the devices with new, identical devices, then don't delete them. Instead, add the new device(s) first, right click on the old device and select Replace. The old device does not need to be physically present.

The replace procedure will remove the old device, name the new device using the old device's name and update any scenes and/or programs that the old device was a member of.

Thanks for the quick response.

l told ISY I had a new device and it found the new lock controller at the correct address. I'm lost about where to find the replace command, however, which is supposed to replace the existing old lock configuration. Also The old lock had a right pointing arrow labelled Door Status -Open & Door Status-Closed

Right click on the old device to expose the "Replace with" command. The old device must not be in a folder. It does not need to be physically present, only in the ISY list of devices.

Well I'm very confused still.  I finally found a "replace" command when right clicking on the two right facing yellow arrow entries, but the suggested devices are not appropriate.

I have forgotten what the right facing yellow arrow entries represent, I certainly did not create any new ones when I created a new door lock device.  All I get is two door icons (small brown rectangles) labelled open & closed.

Sorry for being so confused but I haven't had any ISY exposure for years and I'm struggling.

I spent some time and figured out that the little yellow arrows were representing a triggerlinc 2421.  My plan was to install a deadbolt detector inside the door jam.  I could then use the detection of dead bolt to trigger other device actions using a scene.  Unfortunately the old lock controller 2458A1 would not allow me to replace with the new 2862-222 lock controller, so I just deleted it.  I guess ISY wasn't smart enough to know that they were the same thing, or maybe a newer version of ISY than I have would have worked smoother.

Thanks for your help, it got me thinking

Archived