Beta 1.6.803

James Peterson

New stuff in the form of fixes coming out.  

- Testing Variable precision - current testing

- Testing new Oreo based permissions - Oreo adds new security to gaining access to contacts, which is a good thing.  New installs will now be prompted for permission to access a specific account on first startup.  This permission will need to be granted if you are going to use the trial period. 

- New xml parser - Updated the XML parser. It should be faster and speed up startup times considerably.

- Fix for family manager crash - There was a crash in the family manager since I made a modification to the purchase process.  This has been fixed

- testing new run in background - I have re-implemented the run in background feature.  If you have a device running M  / 6.0+ you will have an option to disable the optimization settings for Agave.  Settings -> Data & Sync -> Optimization If the optimization of Agave is set to "Don't Optimize" you will be given an option in Settings -> Data & Sync -> Run Service in Background that will attempt to keep your connection to the ISY alive when Agave is not running.  This is not 100% .  Android can still kill a service whenever it wants, so don't assume that it will be connected 100% of the time.  If I can get this feature working well enough, I will start to add a notification system for live updates.  Still not as good as cloud messaging, but its something.  Anyone running android less then 6.0 will have the option to use this feature without having to disable optimization.

- fix crash when selecting edit text in Oreo As of Oreo they are making a lot of changes in the system.  It sucks.  This will fix anyone using Oreo that was trying to update a device name, button, or status. 

Archived