Scene Status in Mobilinc

TrojanHorse

How is the status of a scene determined by Mobilinc?  I understand the ISY cannot determine scene status.  

I've noticed that Mobilinc will report a scene as x% ON, for example 33% ON if there are 3 lights in a scene and one is ON and 2 are OFF.

I have a scene with a Switchlinc and two KPL buttons ("A" and "B" on same 5 scene KPL).  When all 3 devices are OFF (which Mobilinc shows correctly), Mobilinc still shows the scene as ON.  Even if I use Mobilinc to turn the scene OFF, it still says status is ON.  

If it matters, the Switchlinc is the controller and the KPL buttons are responders with ON levels set to 0% for this scene.  

Any insight is appreciated.

Hi TrojanHorse,

MobiLinc will ignore the KPL buttons for scene status and look at how the scene is defined to determine scene status. Can you post here or send to support@mobilinc.com a screenshot of your scene definition in the Admin Console when you click on the scene? Important: click the scene and not the SwitchLinc in the scene. I need to see how your scene is actually defined and then I can comment further.

Wes

Thanks TrojanHorse,

MobiLinc should only be looking at the SwitchLinc in this case for scene status. I'm wondering if the scene definition in MobiLinc doesn't match what the ISY now has. Try this all while keeping MobiLinc awake and connected to your ISY:

- In the Admin Console, delete this scene.

- Verify that the scene is remove from MobiLinc.

- Close MobiLinc. Double-tap the home button to force close MobiLinc as well (swipe it away).

- Recreate the scene in the Admin Console and set your On-Levels for the scene again.

- Open MobiLinc and let it connect. After 60 seconds or so, go to Scenes and confirm your recreated scene is here again. 

- Test by tapping the scene icon to turn the scene ON/OFF and observe the behavior.

Wes

Thanks TrojanHorse,

MobiLinc should only be looking at the SwitchLinc in this case for scene status. I'm wondering if the scene definition in MobiLinc doesn't match what the ISY now has. Try this all while keeping MobiLinc awake and connected to your ISY:

- In the Admin Console, delete this scene.

- Verify that the scene is remove from MobiLinc.

- Close MobiLinc. Double-tap the home button to force close MobiLinc as well (swipe it away).

- Recreate the scene in the Admin Console and set your On-Levels for the scene again.

- Open MobiLinc and let it connect. After 60 seconds or so, go to Scenes and confirm your recreated scene is here again.

- Test by tapping the scene icon to turn the scene ON/OFF and observe the behavior.

Wes

Hmm I tried this twice and get the same behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrojanHorse,

I'm out of ideas without connecting to your ISY to see what's actually happening between the ISY, scene, and MobiLinc. If you'd like me to connect to investigate, please send me your MobiLinc Connect email or your external connection information to: support@mobilinc.com and reference this thread.

Wes

Archived