Button Grouping Mini Remote 2342-2

SteveSBE

Hi -

Hopefully this is a non-issue or minor issue but thought I'd ask....

I added a mini remote 2342-2 and then grouped the buttons in the Universal Devices Admin Console. Button B was the top button of that group. With other remotes button A was the top button of a group and so I thought this might be a problem and uninstalled it from the admin console.  Then I factory reset the mini remote, restarted the Admin Console (after clearing the browser and Java cache), and re-added the mini remote to the admin console.  Button B still displays at the top of group.  The buttons on the remote seems to work normally within the scenes they control and I've noticed no other issues.

My question is.... Would this behavior indicate a problem with the remote that I have yet to run into or is it a "normal" behavior?

Thanks,

Steve

Hello Steve,

The listing is spelling dependent. If you use a numeric value preceding the name it will not sort correctly and vice versa.

Simple test just name the button A, B and you will see. If you name it 1A and B you will understand why the buttons appear out of order.

Also at the top select A-Z this will sort it alphabetically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Teken -

That's what I thought. And it does when I un-group the buttons,  But when I group the buttons for this mini remote it continues to sort as shown in the attachment. This happens no matter what I've named and no matter how often I sort it. (I've tried many names and resorted it often...both when grouped and un-grouped.)  The first remote is a 4 button one that sorts like I expect (button a is the head of the group) as do the other older 2440 remotelincs I own.

It's not that important unless it's a sign of a potential issue that I don't yet know about...

Thanks for your reply,

Steve

post-1327-0-66068200-1509645266_thumb.jpg

That's normal. It has to do with the difference between the 4-button and 8-button Mini Remotes and the firmware. In 4-button mode, the top button is A with the right being On. In 8-button mode, the same On button is button B. Because the Mini Remote mode can be changed using the same firmware, it was probably less complex to label the buttons as they appear with the top right button being B, hence at the top of the list.

I'm sure you have a reason for grouping, but if you just want them together, why not try a folder? That's what I have done with my multi-button remotes. I group them if I want to move them in the structure, then ungroup them so they don't offend my anal-retentive nature. Just a thought.

That's normal. It has to do with the difference between the 4-button and 8-button Mini Remotes and the firmware. In 4-button mode, the top button is A with the right being On. In 8-button mode, the same On button is button B. Because the Mini Remote mode can be changed using the same firmware, it was probably less complex to label the buttons as they appear with the top right button being B, hence at the top of the list.

Based on Stu's initial reply I had to check my own system because I swear unless I was losing my mind. I did in fact have several 4 button RL2 that sort correctly. I have to assume the OP has a UI & Firmware conflict or there is a firmware change in the RL2 that is causing this.

As seen in this image capture mine is sorted correctly . . .

The 4 button RL2's I have report in as having  been produced in 2014, 24th week, revision 1.5S, ISY v.37 firmware

EDIT: Scratch that Stu is correct my 8 button RL2 (Top Button) is not sorted correctly. Looks to be normal for what ever reason. 

post-1970-0-01168700-1509651519_thumb.png

post-1970-0-13815000-1509651932_thumb.png

EDIT: Scratch that Stu is correct my 8 button RL2 (Top Button) is not sorted correctly. Looks to be normal for what ever reason. 

I am correct. The 8-button Mini Remote lists button B at the top, followed by A, C, D, E, F, G and H.

post-625-0-11372400-1509662114_thumb.png

Archived