Sub-Routine

I appreciate the chance to test the latest Beta. You folks are doing a great job!

Good News! Immediately upon restarting the ISY after the upgade it appears that all the schedules since midnight were run, as well as one trigger. This looks good for the Power Restore requests.

All My Old Schedules appear to be functioning correctly, at least in the last few hours.

Fast On is now activating Programs! I am going to find some good uses for this.

Is there a way to comment out lines in a program? For testing purposes without driving my better half crazy...

I am really liking the Program Summary and Program Details pages. It would be great if double-clicking a Program in the Summary page would bring up the Program Details page for that program. Never mind, I just noticed the Edit button...

Didn't we use to see the next scheduled run time?

If it's not asking too much I find it easier to see on the Summary page which Programs have not been saved. Could Save Changes be added to the drop down box?

Neither of the two My Old Triggers I have function. Recreating them, in a new folder if that matters, restored the functions. The Triggers worked when transfered to 2.4.9, Timers did not.

When selecting File->Restore PLM:

Gone are the useful requesters that notified me which devices failed. Now I again only see the Request Failed pop up. It doesn't seem to take long enough to restore much of the PLM.

Restore Device on some individual devices has fixed some of the status updates I was missing. I haven't tried File->Restore Devices.

A Trigger to Notify when a device is switched On incorrectly relates that the status has changed from on to off.

When I Query My Lights the progress bar appears to follow the progress correctly. When I Query a Scene the progress bar only appears, for what seems to be, one device. The requester disappears while the system is still busy.

Two-prong LampLincs are not accompanied by a part number. Neither are the InlineLinc dimmers I have. To maintain consistency I suggest the EZIO part name be placed in parentheses rather than be followed by a colon before the product description.

Thank you,

Rand

Thanks for the update Rand,

1. At this point there is no way to comment out lines in a program, you'll have delete the lines and add them back.

2. In a future release we will likely add a right-click popup menu to the the summary page, allowing you to do all the actions from that menu, including edit.

3. We maintain the next scheduled runtime for each schedule line in the program. We don't show the program next scheduled runtime because it is non-trivial to find it (a program could have many schedules anded/or'd together). I suppose we could piggyback the next schedule runtime along with the true/false state of sub-expressions, but I think that will have to wait for a future release.

A Trigger to Notify when a device is switched On incorrectly relates that the status has changed from on to off.

Can you elaborate on this one? I'm not I understand what is happening.

Thanks for the update Rand,

1. At this point there is no way to comment out lines in a program, you'll have delete the lines and add them back.

2. In a future release we will likely add a right-click popup menu to the the summary page, allowing you to do all the actions from that menu, including edit.

3. We maintain the next scheduled runtime for each schedule line in the program. We don't show the program next scheduled runtime because it is non-trivial to find it (a program could have many schedules anded/or'd together). I suppose we could piggyback the next schedule runtime along with the true/false state of sub-expressions, but I think that will have to wait for a future release.

Yes, I see. I am still thinking of my Timers as being simply that :)

Can you elaborate on this one? I'm not I understand what is happening.

Sure, here is the Program:

If

Control 'Basement Lights' is switched On

Then

Send Notification to All

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

The subject in the email notice says On Alert. The body of the message says:

10/7/2007 09:52:56: At Basement Lights:

In the Basement Lights,On has changed to Off.

*** Service Machine. DO NOT REPLY ***

Probably easy enough to fix...

Thank you,

Rand

Archived