Example of webpage using WEB/REST module

joefly

Hi, I am interested in building a customized webpage that displays and shows the buttons that I most use for the ISY. I understand that the Webmodule with REST is able to do this, I looked on the wiki page, it shows all the commands, but does not show how to put this within a webpage. I have basic knowledge of html programming and was interested in learning to see if I can do this, before I buy the webmodule Does anybody have an example web page incorporating the REST commands? With this, I can see how to use the REST command within a webpage and help me decide to see if I should take on this project..

Thanks

Joe, you should be browsing the Developers forum.

I only began to play with the REST interface last week so I don't have anything to share besides reading. That is simply a page that is reached through my.isy.add.ress/rest/nodes.

All the modules for the ISY have a 30-day money back guarantee.

If you don't want to do all the programming you should see MikeB's interfaceGO. It's very easy to configure and use. I think Mike has the perfect way to interface with n-way scenes as the status displayed can be tied to one device. Mike offers a 30-day free trial.

Rand

Joe, you should be browsing the Developers forum.

I only began to play with the REST interface last week so I don't have anything to share besides reading. That is simply a page that is reached through my.isy.add.ress/rest/nodes.

All the modules for the ISY have a 30-day money back guarantee.

If you don't want to do all the programming you should see MikeB's interfaceGO. It's very easy to configure and use. I think Mike has the perfect way to interface with n-way scenes as the status displayed can be tied to one device. Mike offers a 30-day free trial.

Rand

Hi sub-routine, thanks for the reply, but looking at the developers forum was discouraging...as the discussion were more technical than i know. InterfaceGo, looks like a great product, but my goal is to do all this with my iphone through a web page. Why use interfacego when i carry around a webpage all day long and I don't have to pay for another device or have the pc on.

Joe,

I posted a link to my web page that uses javascript and the weatherbug info to generate charts. Some of the ideas should be applicable to what you want to do too

http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=2295

bpwwer, thanks for the post, very interesting. I have conceptually thought about this as it would be nice to have a 24 hour chart to verify that thermostat and lighting are happenning at the right times and operating correctly. I have to keep this as a future reference as it is a "luxury" feature for me right now, because I have yet to figure out the basics of programming. But definately will keep your example for reference once I am up to that level.

My situation is that I am just learning to program and know the basics of html, php and css. But have done a few websites by playing around with opensource code. So my hope is that some one would provide an example for a web page using REST to simply turn insteon on and off, or similar tasks, so that I can use the template to learn from..

Thanks to the community for all the help..

Archived