Not sure what I need

RaginBajin

Get a Dashbox. It can send the power for each channel to an ISY variable via its rest API.

So, the dashbox seems to be just the recorder for all the data.  Like you mentioned, then it can be queried by the ISY for anything that I need. 

I guess my question would be around what do I need to get data to the dashbox.  How do I choose between a GreenEye monitor vs an ECM 

I have the GreenEye monitor and a Dashbox. They connect with a serial cable...

The Dashbox connects to your LAN, and can be configured to send channel data to ISY over its REST interface. The ISY does not query it.

GEM vs ECM is a matter of how many channels you need. The Dashbox can ingest from up to 2 GEMs, 2 ECMs, or one of each. I have 30 breakers in my panel, so 1 GEM works perfectly for me.

I have the GreenEye monitor and a Dashbox. They connect with a serial cable...

The Dashbox connects to your LAN, and can be configured to send channel data to ISY over its REST interface. The ISY does not query it.

GEM vs ECM is a matter of how many channels you need. The Dashbox can ingest from up to 2 GEMs, 2 ECMs, or one of each. I have 30 breakers in my panel, so 1 GEM works perfectly for me.

Got it!

So, is each channel associated to a breaker?  

Got it!

In my case, yes.

You can also double up - put two CTs on separate breakers and wire to a single channel. You’ll only be able to graph the sum of the channels though rather than each separately. It’s really up to you though...

Got it!

yes, but you will also use a channel for the mains supply too.

I have 42 breakers, i combined some of tjhe CTs into one channel so that i have light and receptacle power for a room on one channel instead of two.

• 3 weeks later...

yes, but you will also use a channel for the mains supply too.

I have 42 breakers, i combined some of tjhe CTs into one channel so that i have light and receptacle power for a room on one channel instead of two.

I use two channels for my mains, that way I can also get the phase imbalance.

• 4 weeks later...

How all those CTs fit into your panel btw? Do they make it look real ugly? Mine is full of AFCI breakers and I just don't see any free space to fit CTs in, I can hardly stick a finger between breaker and a wall of the panel.

Archived