Motion Sensor 2420M won't link with ISY

jlloyd_UD

I have linked an older motion sensor (Motion sensor is 2420M 1909 rev 1.1.)  with a switchlink relay successfully. The motion sensor detects motion and switches on a light with no failures.  The following pins are jumpered:2, 3 and 5.  I have been unsuccessful in linking the motion sensor to my ISY v 4.6.2.   I replaced the battery with a new one and still no luck even after moving closer to the PLM and other dual band devices.  I have done a factory reset and still no luck.  I have successfully linked newer motions sensors (2842-222s) and they appear on my device list. What should I try next?

Late last evening I was able to get it linked.  I did use what you suggested and tried to identify it as a motion sensor type 2420M but it opted to identify it as a 2842-222.  I tried to again specify 2420M which is a choice on the drop down  but it again changed it to the type 2842-222.  The bottom line is it did link and it is now listed in my controller list on my isy.  Not sure what will happen when I link it to a responder but I will cross that bridge a little later.  The step I was missing in linking the device is to hit the "enter" button.  Duh!  However it is not obvious that an "enter" is required as there is no prompt to start the linking process.  I did it just on a last ditch hunch.  I hope it is a lesson that will stick with me.  If i did this more often then the habit might better be learned.  I wonder why there is not a prompt or a pop up telling one that an "enter" is required to set the process in motion?  Thanks for your suggestion.  My questions are perhaps rhetorical.

The 2420M was given a new part number 2842-222.

That maybe why it came up and not the 2420M.

If you have a Pro model.

Is the Automatic Writes to Battery Devices enabled?

I found if it is off. One of the prompts didn't show at adding the device.

Archived