Devices Have Random On Events

shannong

I have a large Insteon network with ISY v4.6.2 in use for over three years operating mostly without issue. That is until I replaced a failed PLM a few months back. It's the newer PLM v9E (as reported by ISY).

First I had some issues with the ISY getting bogged down and locking up. Without reason or any changes, that stopped after a week or so. I never found a cause.

But now I'm dealing with an issue where certain devices just turn themselves on. It's just a few devices that are regularly affected but not at the same time.. And I only deal with On events, I have not noticed any Off events. And all the devices are different. A Switchlinc, a FanLinc, Micro On/Off, KPL.....

For one specific device, it for sure happpens regularly at 3am when the Query All runs. But that's just for that one device. The others don't necessarily happen then. I have restored the affected devices but that didn't help.

Any ideas or suggestions?

It seems like all roads lead back to the PLM. There's no log data from the ISY?

Things to try.

• Pick a few of the malfunctioning devices, delete them and re-add them to the ISY
  • Particularly, do this with the "3am" device as you have some predictability with it to compare
  • Wait and see if that helps, if it does, continue down that path

• Factory reset the PLM, restore plm, but that's more a shot in the dark.
  • If the PLM has a "runtime" issue, this might remove it.
  • If the link table in the ISY is corrupt, then potentially restoring it will just bring it back, so I would suggest this separately and after the delete/add above doesn't work

Paul

It's really difficult to spot an unintentional Off. That aside, which device is nearly always affected a 3AM? Are the other affected devices a bit old, one or more years, There's a four digit date code on a white sticker on each Insteon device. They're on the back of plug-in devices and can be seen on the front of wired-in devices after the switch plate is removed. Post a few of those.

Archived