Creating an iOS App

Mike1980

So I see a couple people creating new ISY iOS apps. Well, I’m very interested in doing the same. I don’t have the slightest idea of where to begin but I’m sure I can learn and figure it out. I just need a little direction. Any advice on where to get started and how to get any developer information? Thanks guys.

I am not sure this is what you are looking for but …. Over the last year I created my own web user interface using the Home Automation Dashboard software in the UDI Forum as a base.  Not having web programming experience I literally took the software apart to learn how it worked.  From there I stripped out and saved all the AJAX and communication related code, starting simple.  I prefer to stay away from “plugins” like JQUERYUI, etc. although I have used them in places.  My UI is hosted on my NAS running Apache. 

As a personal rule, all logic is done in the ISY.  My UI is only for viewing status, commanding devices, and setting user options.  It will flag and alert me of status changes in specific alarm devices showing the date and time as well as flagging disabled devices.  It is still a work in progress and is a subset of my system.
  I would recommend you look at the HAD Forum and Wiki along with the REST documentation, on the UDI web site. Also look at the SDK that is available.  Best of luck…

Archived