Problem with a scene!

I created a scene that works on a timer at sunset/sunrise.  When I turn on the scene manually, the devices individually say that they are "ON", but the lights themselves are not on.  If i go into the devices afterwards, and turn them on, the status does not change (because it is already in the "ON" position), but the light/switch on the wall turns on.  Any idea what could be causing this??

Thank you

Bad comms and/or links lost. Scenes are bad for using many links.

In the admin console, right click on one device at a times and find the "Download/view device links". After the last link displays (all 00s) click on compare which will compare them to what ISY thinks they should have.

If there is any discrepancy, right click on the device again, and select "restore". Battery devices must be in linking mode first.

Right click on your timer program, select copy to clipboard. Paste it here to view.

I created a scene that works on a timer at sunset/sunrise.  When I turn on the scene manually, the devices individually say that they are "ON", but the lights themselves are not on.  If i go into the devices afterwards, and turn them on, the status does not change (because it is already in the "ON" position), but the light/switch on the wall turns on.  Any idea what could be causing this??

Thank you

So what you have is a scene with multiple devices and a program that calls it on the desired schedule.  There are a number of possibilities.  A scene can have different on-levels for each controller that calls them.  You can see those levels in the admin console by selecting the scene and/or selecting the individual controller entries under that scene.  The main scene (the row with the scene name) shows what levels will be when the scene is called by the system (program, portal, app, etc.).   clicking on a controller below the scene will show another set of levels that may or may not be the same as the main scene.

Does your scene have controllers?

Bad comms and/or links lost. Scenes are bad for using many links.

In the admin console, right click on one device at a times and find the "Download/view device links". After the last link displays (all 00s) click on compare which will compare them to what ISY thinks they should have.

If there is any discrepancy, right click on the device again, and select "restore". Battery devices must be in linking mode first.

Right click on your timer program, select copy to clipboard. Paste it here to view.

Thanks for the advice.  I restored both devices and it seemed to fix the problem!!!

Archived