Probably an easy question...

wdhille

It's been a little over two weeks since I installed my ISY994 and started installing switches, dimmers and outlets. Thanks to the forum and Insteon answering emails in a timely fashion, things seem to be going well. 

But now I have something I want to do and can't seem to find an answer. Our property has eight 500 watt quartz halogen flood lights on three circuits. They are broken down into the following switches:eight

-Front Floods

-Back Floods

-Garage Floods

Each of those switches on circuits has a controller and a responder. 

I would like to use my smart phone to turn on all at once, without adding a "dummy" controller device. I know how to do it with scenes where I have a controller and responder, but I want to turn on three responders from a button on my smart phone using either the Agave app or logging directly into the ISY. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Wayne

It's been a little over two weeks since I installed my ISY994 and started installing switches, dimmers and outlets. Thanks to the forum and Insteon answering emails in a timely fashion, things seem to be going well. 

But now I have something I want to do and can't seem to find an answer. Our property has eight 500 watt quartz halogen flood lights on three circuits. They are broken down into the following switches:eight

-Front Floods

-Back Floods

-Garage Floods

Each of those switches on circuits has a controller and a responder. 

I would like to use my smart phone to turn on all at once, without adding a "dummy" controller device. I know how to do it with scenes where I have a controller and responder, but I want to turn on three responders from a button on my smart phone using either the Agave app or logging directly into the ISY. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Wayne

Create scenes with every combination you desire and operate the scenes.

I would create programs with each combination of devices and operate the programs. It is less likely to constantly lose Insteon links in the devices when using so many via the scene method and the lighting could be staged with slight delays if desired.

Thanks again for the answer to my question. It was staring me in the face, but I had a brain block! So far I've replaced almost 40 switches (and a few outlets) with Insteon ones. The mesh should be getting pretty big! One tip my neighbor gave me was to use the Wago push in wire nuts. Way easier to tie a lot of neutrals together in a box than wire nuts. The Insteon devices take up more volume than the old toggle switches, so the Wago's save me some space and make it easier to put these things in. 

Wayne

Archived