Proper Display of KPL Buttons

smokegrub

I am still stuck on this. When I use Alexa to run the first program below, the KPL buttons do not show their correct status, i.e., “On”. Please indulge me, I am new to using Alexa and this has me stumped. I know that program execution begins with “Then”. What specifically do I need to do to get the KPL buttons to display their proper status when this program is run using Alexa?

Security - [iD 0011][Parent 001C]

If

Status  'KPLs / Kitchen KPL / Kitchen KPL D (Security)' is 100%

Or Status  'KPLs / Deck KPL / Deck KPL D (Security)' is 100%

Then

Wait  5 minutes 

Set 'Cameras / Kitchen Camera (On-Off)' On

Wait  2 seconds

Set 'Cameras / Kitchen Camera (On-Off)' On

Set 'Cameras / Front Camera (On-Off)' On

Wait  2 seconds

Set 'Cameras / Front Camera (On-Off)' On

Wait  3 minutes 

Enable Program 'Security (Disabled)'

KPL buttons need to be in a scene in order to control them. Then use your program to turn the button scene on or off.

BTW, some of my scenes contain only one KPL button.

I only have one scene relevant to this program and that is for three KPL buttons which I have designated as controllers. That was done so that when the program ran all buttons showed their correct status. I tried putting that scene at the start of "Then" and setting it "On". the buttons then displayed correctly for "On" but when I had Alexa turn off the program the KPLs stayed lit. I am obviously missing something simple. I am nearing giving up and simply running this program as always using the KPLs. The only reason I am trying to get this done is I have other programs, several, in fact, that it would be nice to execute using Alexa. 

Have the program turn off the scene containing the three buttons in the Else statement (that is what runs when you ask Alexa to turn off a program).

As far as the If statement in the program AND the enabling of the program at the end of the Then branch, what are you trying to accomplish there?

Have the program turn off the scene containing the three buttons in the Else statement (that is what runs when you ask Alexa to turn off a program).

As far as the If statement in the program AND the enabling of the program at the end of the Then branch, what are you trying to accomplish there?

The first program activates a second which sends notification based on events. When the fist program is turned off the second is inactivated. 

I tried your suggestion a couple hours ago and it didn't work but I will try it again this evening since I may have made a mistake.

Thanks for your help.

Archived