Open/Close Sensor Question

upstatemike

Sorry if this is already answered someplace but I couldn't find it. I just installed an On/Off sensor REV 1.6 into my 4.5.4 system but I can't get it to work. Both Closed and Opened devices always show as on and do not change status. I can see in the event viewer that ISY is getting the signal for each on and off but no status change on the devices. Do I have something configured wrong? (There is nothing on the external sensor terminals and the little jumper inside is in place.) If I hit the reset button the status of the Opened device will go to off until the next time I cycle it with the magnet then it stays locked on again after that.

1 hour ago, upstatemike said:

Sorry if this is already answered someplace but I couldn't find it. I just installed an On/Off sensor REV 1.6 into my 4.5.4 system but I can't get it to work. Both Closed and Opened devices always show as on and do not change status. I can see in the event viewer that ISY is getting the signal for each on and off but no status change on the devices. Do I have something configured wrong? (There is nothing on the external sensor terminals and the little jumper inside is in place.) If I hit the reset button the status of the Opened device will go to off until the next time I cycle it with the magnet then it stays locked on again after that.

Just to be clear when you enrolled this new device which method did you use? Also how many nodes are present two or three as older open-close (trigger lincs) did not have a heart beat node. Also, one of the other nodes does not change state that requires the jumper to be removed / jumpered which enabled dual mode. Very few people use the dual mode but it has a use case for some.

Newer open-close sensors have removed the jumper and the only method to access that mode is via software. As far as I am aware no controller supports this feature including the ISY Series Controller.

Lastly, your controller should be using the last official release of firmware 4.6.2. Anytime a new piece of hardware is purchased best practices is to always hard reset the device to a OEM state to ensure any test links, programming, etc are removed.

I enrolled it by selecting the New Insteon Device icon and entering the address with "Remove existing links" checked.

It created 2 devices, Closed and Opened. No Heartbeat.

Have not updated from 4.5.4 because I haven't seen anything in the change log that really applies to me.

I'll try a hard reset to see if that affects anything.

Archived