Mobilinc arming ELK away mode

bob123

This may have been covered elsewhere, but I use mobilinc to arm my ELK when away from home.  It says its armed away, but what it's doing is gong through the normal leaving cycle.  Since no doors are opened and closed, it switches to armed stay.  Is there any way to have it do a armed away instant?  This is not one of the options on the large arming button.

Thanks for the quick response.

I have that option set so that it goes into stay mode automatically when I arm from inside the house at night. Easier for family use.

Is there any way to leave that option set for keypad arming, but have the mobilinc do a direct to armed away skipping the zone violated option?

Alternatively, I could use an isy program to arm the alarm and run it from mobilinc- will have to test if it also sees no violation and switches to stay mode. 

Did that.  There are options for instant stay, vacation mode, night mode and some others.  But no options for instant  away mode. 

i  discovered this because I'm on vacation, had to disarm the system to let someone in the house, and now cannot rearm in away mode.

The API allows any arming mode to be set, but if you have the auto arm stay set it will override.

I set F1 on my keypads set to arm-stay and F2 will arm-night, so I have the auto-arm stay unset to prevent the Elk overriding my desired arm state.

The app I wrote (Android only) allows any arm mode to be set by API - which is how I know that the API contains the function. I cannot really speak for Mobilinc though..

Thanks for the explanation on the API.  

Does the override of the arming mode apply to all the other modes such as vacation mode?  

If not, maybe I'll configure my keypad as you did with the F1, F2 and disable the stay override feature.

Question- is it possible to simulate a zone violation from the ISY through a variable or output.  If that was possible could write a program that starts the arming, then simulates a zone violation as if a door opened to allow the ELK to arm away

Question- is it possible to simulate a zone violation from the ISY through a variable or output.  If that was possible could write a program that starts the arming, then simulates a zone violation as if a door opened to allow the ELK to arm away

I’ve never tried this. I guess you could take the output of an iolinc and wire it to an Elk zone, but the lack of security in Insteon would concern me. There would be a significant chance of false alarms.

The other option would be to have an ISY program trigger an Elk ‘output’ - and have an Elk rule trigger on the output change and set the arm mode directly. I don’t know if that would work though - it would take some experimentation.

Archived