Elk zone status not changing in ISY

Blackbird

All of my zones are showing "Normal" for status in Elk on the ISY even though I have a door open.  Also, Agave is not showing the correct zone status.  ELKRP shows the zone status correctly and I can connect with ELKRP so it should be connected to the internet.  Could there be a problem with the elk module on the ISY?

My first guess would be that you are running ELK RP2 at the same time you're trying to use the ISY admin console (AC). It is one or the other, you can't have both polling the ELK serial to IP at the same time. If that isn't the problem, then it's definitely a communications issue between the ISY and ELK serial to IP interface.

Start by making sure you can ping the ELK interface, then verify you are using the correct port, by default it's either 2101 or 2601 (secure). It will need to be properly configured in the M1XEP TCP/IP tab. verify that enable non-secure port is checked and that it's set at 2101. Then go back to the AC and verify that the IP address is correct and that the port is set to 2101. Finally you have to enter an active 4 or 6 digit access code in AC as well. This is the same as anyone of the users access codes you have setup for the Elk M1.

Archived