Leak Sensor question

lip

Hi,

Im using that awesome program from one of the users on this forum for the leak sensors with my ISY.

Things were going fine and then earlier in the year I had some issues with my ISY and lost the program and had to re-write them all which I just got around to do.
One of the sensors heartbeat is never working and I'm getting the error.

Questions:

1. The heartbeats do not come on straight away when I press the button, is this normal? Usually the next day they are present
2. Have a look at the image. Why do some of the leak sensors have a water graphic and others have 101?
3. The one devices heartbeat hasn't worked at all yet it catches a leak when I test it. The battery is 1.7V and it's close to an access point. Any ideas?

thanks in advance,

LIP

Isypicofleaksensors.jpg

1 hour ago, lip said:

How should the heartbeat work? I had thought it should come on after pressing the button but it doesn't.

Thanks.

Hi Lip,

Just some basic's to keep in mind so bare with me.

- LED State: There have been several iterations of *firmware* for the leak sensor. As such the behavior is a little different for each. Older hardware would flash once if water was detected. Newer hardware the LED pulses every X seconds.

- Node State: Older hardware if the presence of water disappeared the sensor would toggle from wet to dry automatically. Newer hardware if a leak is detected the wet to dry node can only be reset by pressing the white set button.

- Heart beat: Normally once you press on the set button the device will send a heart beat message to controller. Keep in mind this assumes the battery is still OK. You're in fact within range of the nearest dual band device in the home. If you watch the AC (Admin Console) and toggle the set button you should see each node from wet to dry turn on / off. Afterwards you should see the heart beat node turn on. If it doesn't sometimes the device needs to be hard reset and restored using the AC.

- Heart Beat Update: If your leak sensor program is fully operational the heart beat should report back in 24 hours.

- Sometimes the status of nodes is not accurately reflected because the AC is not fully operational. Common causes is the UI & Firmware do not match so check that the two do. Ensure you're using the latest 4.6.2 firmware. Always use the latest java software and ensure you clear the cache and select all option box's when you upgrade. If all of the above has been done reboot the controller and try again.

Hi,

Thanks Teken. I'm always impressed to see you helping everyone out...don't know where you get the energy!

Ok. So last night I went around and cleared the impending writes so the water symbol appeared.
Unfortunately still no heartbeats were present

I woke up this morning and checked the AC to see that there were no longer even ON or OFFs on the DRY and WET sections. The heartbeats were also missing. 
I have updated my Java app, cleared it's cache. The UI and firmware of the ISY match and are both 4.6.2

How do I hard reset the devices? I found the restore option under the device in the AC but not hard reset.

So I seem to be moving backwards. It's very strange as when I first installed these with the ISY I had no issues and no issues with the great program that the fellow member wrote.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Thanks Teken. I'm always impressed to see you helping everyone out...don't know where you get the energy!
Ok. So last night I went around and cleared the impending writes so the water symbol appeared.
Unfortunately still no heartbeats were present
I woke up this morning and checked the AC to see that there were no longer even ON or OFFs on the DRY and WET sections. The heartbeats were also missing. 
I have updated my Java app, cleared it's cache. The UI and firmware of the ISY match and are both 4.6.2
How do I hard reset the devices? I found the restore option under the device in the AC but not hard reset.
So I seem to be moving backwards. It's very strange as when I first installed these with the ISY I had no issues and no issues with the great program that the fellow member wrote.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Lip,

Just as a reminder once you reboot the controller any node States will be lost until a new one arrives.

Simply toggle the sensor(s) to see and confirm in the AC. Doing this also should fire off a email to you that a leak has been detected and it should indicate a 9.

If doing the above does NOT result in a change of state. Is your 2413S PLM fast approaching the 2 year mark?

If so it may be time to repair / replace that device. You can test this out generally speaking by observing the side LED. If it's dark or dimly lit that may be a sign. If you run the link table count and it returns something crazy stupid like 10 links when you have say 25~45 devices etc.

You may in the interim complete a PLM Restore to see if device status is seen.

Lastly, keep in mind a lack of status can also be caused by a noise maker / signal sucker being present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived