Why do Mobilinc developers ignore Android?

blueman2

It has been almost 2 years since the Android Mobilinc app was updated.  The Android version is years (literally) behind the IOS version.  I paid a good deal of money for this app, and it is the worst app investment I have made on my Android phone.   

My advice to anyone considering Mobilinc on Android: don't do it!

It has been almost 2 years since the Android Mobilinc app was updated.  The Android version is years (literally) behind the IOS version.  I paid a good deal of money for this app, and it is the worst app investment I have made on my Android phone.   
My advice to anyone considering Mobilinc on Android: don't do it!
For sure! Agave is much better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Agreed! So frustrating.

I currently subscribe to ML Connect and recently decided that when this subscription ends, I will be canceling and switching to the ISY Portal with Agave.

Hi Folks,

There are a lot of reasons for the disconnect between iOS and Android...all my fault, but it's something I'm actively working to fix. If you haven't seen the latest announcement, there's been a lot of effort behind the scenes to get to the point of building an iOS and Android Mobilinc that can stay in sync with updates and push the boundary of what we can do on the ISY platform: 

Wes

Hi Folks,

There are a lot of reasons for the disconnect between iOS and Android...all my fault, but it's something I'm actively working to fix. If you haven't seen the latest announcement, there's been a lot of effort behind the scenes to get to the point of building an iOS and Android Mobilinc that can stay in sync with updates and push the boundary of what we can do on the ISY platform: 

Wes

I’m happy to hear this, but will reserve comment until seen. I purchased Mobilinc on IOS originally years ago. Was happy with it so when switching to Android I naturally purchased it there as well.

Long story short - disappointment followed. Not being able to control my Elk for instance drove me to write my own app to do that. Since then, I purchased Agave to fill the need on Android.

True competition is good. I can only hope we end up with two great products to choose from on both platforms.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived