Dual Band Access Points 2443

hart2hart

[mention=2200]Brian H[/mention] I’ve still got 4 from original install. Must have been bought at different times.

V1.2 and V1.4 have larger standard looking transformer with a daughter board on top and they work fine. Put off a little heat as expected.

2 x V2.B both were dead so I recapped 5 positions on each. Completely different design with no transformer so Switching power supply right? Caps revived both.

Did the tap work to make sure they saw each other and they did. Gonna likely buy 4 on off modules during next SH sale and get rid of them. Fixing them just gave me an electronic tinkering fix since I’ve got an ioLinc I can’t coax back to life.

House full of dual band lamplincs and switches installed as replacements when the original wireline only versions failed so the APs probably not needed. Again, just needed to fix something. Lol

The older revision 1, 2443 Access Points where built on the  power transformer based interface. Also used on the 2412 PLM and 2414 PLC modules to name a few.

The revision 2, 2443 Access Points are made with the same switching supply, base interface board in the 2413 PLM.  As you found they also suffered from the same capacitor problems.  I rebuilt a few myself.

Archived