Quick single button - Zwave or Insteon (SOLVED)

Scottmichaelj

Can anyone suggest a simple click on/off small button that is either ZWave or Insteon compatible without any additional hubs etc? My Italian Greyhound who I made a LED nightlight for via motion is continuing to lose her eyesight. I need something that when I am half asleep and she gets up out of bed and shakes I can reach over to my nightstand and click on for her to see then click off once she is back in bed. I looked at the Logitech "POP" but it seems it needs another "HUB". An Insteon remote is too much hassle in the middle of the night while I am a sleep. The Aeotec Nano switch looks like a great product but its not available yet.

Thoughts? Ideas?

29 minutes ago, Scottmichaelj said:

Can anyone suggest a simple click on/off small button that is either ZWave or Insteon compatible without any additional hubs etc? My Italian Greyhound who I made a LED nightlight for via motion is continuing to lose her eyesight. I need something that when I am half asleep and she gets up out of bed and shakes I can reach over to my nightstand and click on for her to see then click off once she is back in bed. I looked at the Logitech "POP" but it seems it needs another "HUB". An Insteon remote is too much hassle in the middle of the night while I am a sleep. The Aeotec Nano switch looks like a great product but its not available yet.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Although probably not as small as you are looking for. I use the 2342-242 Insteon Mini Remote Control Switch. The size makes it easy to find in the middle of the night when one is half asleep.

I have a insteon mini remote attached to  the side of my bedside table using velcro. Use it for the same purpose you need a switch. Used to just use one of those wired dimmer switch deals for the bedside table lamp. The only pia thing about the mini remote  it is having to charge it.....Have also though about using a regular insteon dimmer switch mounted  in one of those plug in table top enclosures.(prob too big too)

Why is an insteon remote "too much hassle"? (you want something you can blindly flail and slap on/off)?

Although probably not as small as you are looking for. I use the 2342-242 Insteon Mini Remote Control Switch. The size makes it easy to find in the middle of the night when one is half asleep.

I forgot about that remote. That just might work. I could put Velcro on the back then stick it to the underside lip of my nightstand. I also have a USB power charger on the back of the nightstand for phones with room for one more item so I could always keep it plugged in for power.

Why is an insteon remote "too much hassle"? (you want something you can blindly flail and slap on/off)

Exactly! Ain’t no one got time or skills to use a 6 button remote in the middle or night when your sleeping! I need something I can use with muscle memory. Haha
On 6/20/2018 at 12:12 PM, dbuss said:

Got one of these this weekend via Amazon, and it fits the need perfectly. Thank you for the reminder of this item!

Archived