Weird dimmer on level issue

firstone

I have 2 dimmers connected (via links). 2477 with load and 2476 as slave. Local on level is set to 40% and the scene is also 40%. Everything works. Until I turn on to 100% on local via double tap on load switch. After that operating load switch locally always turns it on to 100%. ISY is showing 40% but the switch goes to 100%. Until I go to slave switch and turn it on to 40% from there. After that it, again, works as expected.

Any ideas? Is it a defective switch? It works otherwise so not a huge deal. Just wondering.

Somtimes scene info gets corrupted in the switches. Right click on each switch and do a restore device.

One other thought. Not sure what is meant by slave for the switch. Make them both controllers and I think you'll be fine. If one is a responder only, delete it from the same (save a screen shot of the scene settings if you need to) and add it back in.. check the box for making it a controller

Paul

Tried "restore device". Didn't help. Still same issue.

By "slave" i meant "a switch that doesn't control physical load".

Pretty sure links are set up correctly aside from this issue. Also, this seems to be specific to load on level only. Somehow it gets temporarily overwritten after local double tap.

21 hours ago, firstone said:

I have 2 dimmers connected (via links). 2477 with load and 2476 as slave. Local on level is set to 40% and the scene is also 40%. Everything works. Until I turn on to 100% on local via double tap on load switch. After that operating load switch locally always turns it on to 100%. ISY is showing 40% but the switch goes to 100%. Until I go to slave switch and turn it on to 40% from there. After that it, again, works as expected.

Any ideas? Is it a defective switch? It works otherwise so not a huge deal. Just wondering.

Do a factory reset on the switch with the load, then a restore device.

Archived