Upgrade previous Alarm System

BigEfromDaBx

29 minutes ago, LFMc said:

Well, if I send you my links for what I bought on ebay, they'll be dead because I bought them. (-;

Just search Ebay for DSC 1616 for the controller and you'll get lots of hits. I got my EVL4 off Amazon.  The 1616 should be a drop in replacement for your 1555. BUT, you will still have to program it.

You might do a bit of research, DSC changed keypads right after my 1550 model, but I don't remember if the 1555 keypads work on the 1616 or not. If they don't, you might need to buy those also. Plus you can get the newer keypads that have displays. It makes it a lot easier to program.  If you go with the 1616 it has a wireless options which I wanted.

Best of luck.

so the DSC 1616 is the keyboard or the little computer board that everything attaches to?

21 minutes ago, BigEfromDaBx said:

so the DSC 1616 is the keyboard or the little computer board that everything attaches to?

The DSC 1616 is the controller. I also bought a used display keypad for programming and to make sure I had at least one compatible keypad until I tested my old ones with it. The keypad I bought was PN: DSC LCD-5500Z. Check the seller's description for compatibility. 

19 minutes ago, LFMc said:

The DSC 1616 is the controller. I also bought a used display keypad for programming and to make sure I had at least one compatible keypad until I tested my old ones with it. The keypad I bought was PN: DSC LCD-5500Z. Check the seller's description for compatibility. 

ok.  I also found a youtube video explaining the setup minus the raspberry.  But at least i understand how everything works now.  Here it is just incase.

Archived