Cannot add new Insteon Siren

The Siren Module and the short production run Alert Modules are not supported in the V4 firmware.

Are you using a V4 firmware? I know 4.6.2 didn't and I just tried  4.7.3 (RC). It is not in it either.

I believe it is in the V5 Alpha-Beta firmware. V5.0.13A is the latest just released.

the 2868-222 siren does work with v 5.0.13A.  however i wish there was a way to control the siren sound (it has siren and chime) on the isy.  the chime is good for some things and the siren would be a good sound for others.

anyone hear of an update for that.  right now you tap the set button on the siren to adjust siren or chime and it stays that way.

I am not sure how much can be controlled by the ISY994i. In the early days of the siren and alert modules. Smarthome was not too informative with UDI on how to interface to it.

I know I can do manual links to devices {RemoteLinc II and a Open/Closed sensor}  and pick siren or chime as the sound when activated.  I can also stop the siren early by sending it a Fast Off with a RemoteLinc II button set.

I got 5.0.13A installed on a base model ISY994i and its own PLM. I am going to use for testing only.

I started looking at a siren module and older alert module. I also did not see a choice of chime or siren sound. Though some of the nodes looked like a Bell. maybe they are for the chime functions. I maybe testing with it in the days to follow and see if anything pops up.

Maybe UDI will have more details.

I was able to pick between Chime and Siren.

I added the siren module and a RemoteLinc II to a scene.

In the Scene I could pick tone of siren or chime when added to one of the buttons.

I added an other scene and button. Picking the other tone as a test. I got the other tone. I also swapped the tone in a scene. The other tone was sounded.

This is in a Hardware 4.0 Firmware v.46 siren module. That is a few years old. I don't know what the presently sold siren module is hardware and firmware wise.

• 1 year later...

Is there any new information that can be shared about the 2868-222 Siren V.46?

When I added it to V5.16B, it shows 6 different nodes (see below picture). Only the first node has any information on it. If you press the side button on the Siren, it will change from a chime (green light) to a siren (green light) to off (red light).

Also, if you add the first node to a scene, within the scene you can change the response to be either siren or chime, and the length of time duration, as well as how fast it responds.

A second scened with the same first node, can be different than the first scene, so one scene can be the siren, the other the chime. 

Cannot get the other nodes to do anything? purpose? 

Does anyone else have any information on this device? thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 3.01.29 PM.jpg

Archived