Plm 2413S not working with On/Off Module

coder96

Replaced a PLM 2413S V2.2 1635 with 2413S Rev 2.4 2017.

The original PLM was taking a while to toggle On/Off modules 2635-222. It was having problems communicating with IOLinc's.

Assuming it was going bad I replaced it with a new one. Went through the replacement process. Everything looked fine.

When I toggle the On/Off modules from the ISY I lose communication with the module and the state does not change.

I can re query the module and complication is resorted. If I switch it again I lose communication.

So I put the original PLM back in I an control the On/Off modules if a little slow.

Any seen this problem before?

PhE96Y.jpg

Can you try right-clicking on one of the devices from the admin console, pick restore device and let it finish? Retest.

If that doesn't do it, factory reset the device and repeat the above steps

Paul

21 hours ago, coder96 said:

Replaced a PLM 2413S V2.2 1635 with 2413S Rev 2.4 2017.

The original PLM was taking a while to toggle On/Off modules 2635-222. It was having problems communicating with IOLinc's.

Assuming it was going bad I replaced it with a new one. Went through the replacement process. Everything looked fine.

When I toggle the On/Off modules from the ISY I lose communication with the module and the state does not change.

I can re query the module and complication is resorted. If I switch it again I lose communication.

So I put the original PLM back in I an control the On/Off modules if a little slow.

Any seen this problem before?

PhE96Y.jpg

I did make sure the PLM restore finished it's process. I had one PLM fully die once before. So I had been though the process once  before.

Did some more testing with the 2.2 PLM. I moved the same circuit as the iolink and it started communicating. In the past I had set up some rf access points. could one of them gone bad? Any way to test this theory?

Noticed the new 4.7.3  So I upgraded to that. Everything looked good. So I changed to the 2.4 PLM. And seem to have have no problem controlling the on off module.

I have 6 on off modules, had test a few though out the house previously with no luck. No after the upgrade I can talk to them.

Not sure what the problem was/is.

Where they the newer Range Extender or an Access Point?  If they are Access Points. Look at the hardware revision label.

The hardware revision 2 models are built on the same base 2413 main board and subject to the same power supply issues as the 2413S/U PLM.  I had to recap both of mine as they got flaky and in my case the LED on the side was extra dim.  So it could be possible an Access Point was going bad.

The built in communications tests may show something. Maybe between the Access Points or other Dual Band Modules you may have.

Archived