Elk Event Logging

born2dive

I just installed an Elk system that has been integrated with the ISY.  I can see all my areas and zones and can interact with the Elk system using the ISY. 

I noticed that the ISY log does not include any Elk related entries.  I can see them scroll through the Event Viewer but I need a log that covers all Elk activities over a longer period of time (longer than I can sit and watch the Event Viewer).

Is there a way to create a persistent Elk log?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, born2dive said:

I just installed an Elk system that has been integrated with the ISY.  I can see all my areas and zones and can interact with the Elk system using the ISY. 

I noticed that the ISY log does not include any Elk related entries.  I can see them scroll through the Event Viewer but I need a log that covers all Elk activities over a longer period of time (longer than I can sit and watch the Event Viewer).

Is there a way to create a persistent Elk log?

Thanks.

Here is a thread about using ISY's internal memory and notification system  to log events. I used it for a few years to track my heating system algorithms and fixed a lot of problems that happened.

11 hours ago, TrojanHorse said:

Note that Elk has its own log accessible from ElkRP. This might work If all you need are Elk events or you can merge it somehow or view along side the ISY log.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks TrojanHorse, I took at a look at the ElkRP log and it does not have enough information.  It only shows, as far as I can tell, remote access/programming, arm/disarm, and actual alarm events.  I need access to a full log of all the activities e.g. opening/closing zones even when in a armed mode.

Not sure if there is way to make the log more "verbose" or not.  I looked around and could not find that option.

Thanks TrojanHorse, I took at a look at the ElkRP log and it does not have enough information.  It only shows, as far as I can tell, remote access/programming, arm/disarm, and actual alarm events.  I need access to a full log of all the activities e.g. opening/closing zones even when in a armed mode.
Not sure if there is way to make the log more "verbose" or not.  I looked around and could not find that option.

I think you’re right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived