Can I use an Elk Zone input to arm or disarm?

ctownj30

I've got a device that can open/close a circuit and would like to wire it to my Elk M1 to arm and disarm the system.  I'd use one zone to arm and the other to disarm.

Is this possible?  If so, could someone give me a high level description of how to wire it (is a resistor required?) and where the config in the M1 would be done?

I can probably fill in the blanks if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

-Dan

First off, I advise against the disarming action based on a circuit open/closing for obvious concerns of lack of security.

Moving beyond that, it would be a simple Automation Rule for the M1 to say when zone is secure/not-secure then Arm/Disarm.

If you have a device that can open/close a circuit then you wouldn't need a resistor, although may be desirable for Supervision to know the difference between a line break and an open circuit.

Thanks!  The device that will be wired to the zone will be in the closet with the M1 so I think I'm OK there.

Looking at how I'd do this, I just noticed the zone configuration option "Key Momentary Disarm" - I can't seem to find that in the configuration guide I'm looking at, but is that what I think it is?  I cannot tell if it is saying:

"if this zone is tripped momentarily, disarm the system"

or

"if this zone is tripped, disarm the system momentarily"

If its the former and my device can do a momentarily open circuit (I believe it can), then I could add a resistor and use this config:

Thoughts?  Thanks again!

Capture.PNG

Archived