I am buying a ISY994IRPRO, X10 compatibility

LarryM

New user here:

I am thinking about getting an ISY994IRPRO from aartech.ca        HERE

I currently use X10 modules and I am at the start of converting to Insteon products.

The support staff at aartech  was not 100% sure if the ISY994IRPRO  'was still'  X10 compatible.

The Universal Devices website at HERE seems to imply there 'is' compatibility to X10.

Questions:

1. If you have a ISY994IRPRO, is it compatible with X10 if you get the X10 programming module ($9.00) ?

2. Does the required 2413S PLM for the ISY994IRPRO, used for the Insteon products, also generate the necessary X10 outgoing signals.

3. My understanding to get Alexa to work with the ISY994IRPRO there is: ISY Portal Module ($12.00 a year) Amazon Echo and IFTTT integration. Includes the Network Module.   
    There is also an ISP portal subscription of $49/2Years.       
     i.e    ~$37/year    Is this correct? 

Thank you

2 hours ago, LarryM said:

New user here:

I am thinking about getting an ISY994IRPRO from aartech.ca        HERE

I currently use X10 modules and I am at the start of converting to Insteon products.

The support staff at aartech  was not 100% sure if the ISY994IRPRO  'was still'  X10 compatible.

The Universal Devices website at HERE seems to imply there 'is' compatibility to X10.

Questions:

1. If you have a ISY994IRPRO, is it compatible with X10 if you get the X10 programming module ($9.00) ?

2. Does the required 2413S PLM for the ISY994IRPRO, used for the Insteon products, also generate the necessary X10 outgoing signals.

3. My understanding to get Alexa to work with the ISY994IRPRO there is: ISY Portal Module ($12.00 a year) Amazon Echo and IFTTT integration. Includes the Network Module.   
     i.e    ~$37/year    Is this correct? 

Thank you

Hi,

AArtech is a great place to deal with.  Prices are high, returns are painless and tech support is very good.

1.  X10 is compatible regardless of whether you have the programming module or not.  The module allows you to defines each X10 device.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-994i_Series_INSTEON:Enhanced_A10/X10

2.  Yes.

3.  Not sure, don't have this.

PhanTomiZ

Hi,

AArtech is a great place to deal with.  Prices are high, returns are painless and tech support is very good.

1.  X10 is compatible regardless of whether you have the programming module or not.  The module allows you to defines each X10 device.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-994i_Series_INSTEON:Enhanced_A10/X10

2.  Yes.

3.  Not sure, don't have this.

PhanTomiZ

@PhanTomiZ 

Thank you for your response.

"3. My understanding to get Alexa to work with the ISY994IRPRO there is: ISY Portal Module ($12.00 a year) Amazon Echo and IFTTT integration. Includes the Network Module.   
     i.e    ~$37/year    Is this correct? "

I got an answer from Universal Devices on the above question.

They said the $49/2 for years is wrong. The price is only the $12/Y for the ISY Portal Module

2018-09-24_19-13-02.jpg

Archived