Keypad LED lighting

UD2)17rrh

I am sure the answer is simple.  I have a 6 button keypad that won't reliably turn on the LED back lighting when the load is switched on or off for example or when a program is supposed to turn the LED back lighting "on" upon an event.  I am a little confused by the programming for the LED settings.  Advice welcome.  Many thanks.

Are you turning ON a scene that includes the button, or trying to adjust the default backlight settings?  (Sounds as if the latter.)  Feel free to post the program, but I suspect you should istead be turning the button ON rateher than adjusting the backlighting.

Thanks for the replies.  Just to clarify, I want one of the non-load buttons (A, B, C or D) to light up when the garage door sensor is off and to go off when it is "on".  I also want another button to light up when downstairs lights are on so I can hit that button to turn them off from upstairs. Then I want that button's LED light to turn off.

Here is some code....

IF

• From    Sunset 
  • To      Sunrise (next day)
  • And Status 'Garage / 3D.E4.0D-Sensor' is Off

Then       

• Set 'Outside / House Front (load)' On
  • Set 'Main Floor / Kitchen Garage Key' On  5 / Off 0 (Backlight Level)

Else

•         Set 'Outside / House Front (load)' Off
  •         Set 'Main Floor / Kitchen Garage Key' On  0 / Off 0 (Backlight Level)

I dont really understand the On/Off backlight levels.  Can you suggest the correct code to use.  Many thanks.

Your program is adjusting the default backlight levels for on/off, rather than turning the button on or off.

I would take the approach suggested by techman...create a scene with the sensor as controller and keypad button as responder.  Eliminate the current program.

For the downstairs lights, I might do the same thing, but it would depend on how many lights, how they are controlled, and the logic you want to employ.  If all are currently controlled by a single switch or single scene, then create a scene with switch as controller and button as responder.

If you must use programs because of additional logic needed, then create a scene with the KPL button only included.  In your current programs, replace the action that sets the backlight levels with an action that turns on/off the scene, as appropriate.

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:35 PM, UD2)17rrh said:

I am sure the answer is simple.  I have a 6 button keypad that won't reliably turn on the LED back lighting when the load is switched on or off for example or when a program is supposed to turn the LED back lighting "on" upon an event.  I am a little confused by the programming for the LED settings.  Advice welcome.  Many thanks.

KPL backlights can be level adjusted from programs but to turn them on or Off you need to create a scene for each state. These scenes can then be operated by an included controlling status (device in the scene) or by a program.

Archived