Google Home beginner's question

CandC

• 4 weeks later...

I have an issue I hope I can get some help with. I have Google Home set up with devices in two houses. The ISY is set up in Home2. Through the portal I can connect to the ISY and see the scenes. But when I try to add devices to room in Home2 it says "Couldn't update the setting. Check your connection".  I can add them to Home1 but that's the wrong house. I can assign it to a new room but then that new room seems to get assigned to Home1.  If I add an actual device instead of a scene then it works okay and can assign it to Home2 fine. Maybe a bug with how scenes are being handled vs devices?

I'm using ISY Firmware 5.0.13

Oh, I figured it out. When adding a scene in the ISY Portal, instead of categorizing it in Google Home Category as a "scene" call it a "light" and then it works fine and you can add the scene as a device in Google Home to the correct room.  Perhaps it's a bug?

Separately is there a way to update or add more devices in the portal once you attach to Google Home? It's a bit annoying to have to keep unlinking/relinking and then reassigning everything when you just want to add one device. 

Oh, I figured it out. When adding a scene in the ISY Portal, instead of categorizing it in Google Home Category as a "scene" call it a "light" and then it works fine and you can add the scene as a device in Google Home to the correct room.  Perhaps it's a bug?
Separately is there a way to update or add more devices in the portal once you attach to Google Home? It's a bit annoying to have to keep unlinking/relinking and then reassigning everything when you just want to add one device. 

Not sure about the first issue, I brought a couple Google Homes to my lake house but haven't started using them yet.

To update just say Hey Google, sync my devices.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Thanks for the response on "sync my devices" that really helps

I was just saying that my earlier post that I can't assign scenes to a second house was due to scenes needing to be designated in ISY Portal in the "Google Home Category" as a light rather than as a scene in case someone else has that problem with two rooms and perhaps developer could fix that in an upcoming update. 

Not sure about the first issue, I brought a couple Google Homes to my lake house but haven't started using them yet.

To update just say Hey Google, sync my devices.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

On 11/6/2018 at 12:57 PM, apostolakisl said:

If you mean getting scenes added in the portal to show up in a room on your phone, you can't label them as scenes.  From the portal, pick the "scene" tab at the top to add a scene, however, you need to select under "google home category" something other than "scene".  Yes, I know, it makes no sense to even be able to pick something other than "scene" when adding a scene, but you can and should if you want it to show up as a button on your phone.

Looking through the forum this was mentioned under the Google Home thread.

Archived