Move Pgms/Scenes.. from one ISY to Another

Mustang65

I did not find any posts that cover this, so here it goes. I now have 2 ISY's, a ISY994I (with ZigBee added), and a ISY994ZW which I just received. Both are running 5...….12. I want to move all the programs, scenes... to the ISY994ZW from the ISY994i (but not the GEM/DataBox part). This way I will have the GEM/DataBox connected to the ISY994I and all the modules connected to the ISY994ZW. Is there an easy way to pull this off without having to enter each one manually into the ISY994ZW? They are both on the same network. I thought about restoring the ISY994ZW using a backup from the ISY994I, but I have all the things from the GEM/DataBox that would also be moved, also and more importantly one is a ZW one is a I so that will not work.

Thanks

Don

I would try the restore as you outlined, and then manually delete any of the gem parts and anything else that doesn't belong on 994zw. This assumes you are moving the same PLM used on 994i to the 994zw.  At the same time, you'll need to delete anything on 994i related to what you keep on the 994zw. It might be easier to reconfigure that from scratch but I've never set up gem, so I don't know how much work that is.

Also, you'll need to be ready to deal with the Network/IP address configuration. You don't want both ISY's manually configured to the same IP address. If you have a manual IP setting I'd recommend changing that to auto and backing that up for the restore.... or not have them both online at the same time.

Paul

1. Thanks Paul,

I guess it does not matter if the attached communications plugins are Zwave or ZigBee, so it loads the OS then cares for the addons? If that is how it works, then I guess I will just do a backup from the ISY994i to the ISY994ZW, and do a little deleting. Fingers are crossed!

Thanks

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, paulbates said:

Don

I would try the restore as you outlined, and then manually delete any of the gem parts and anything else that doesn't belong on 994zw. This assumes you are moving the same PLM used on 994i to the 994zw.  At the same time, you'll need to delete anything on 994i related to what you keep on the 994zw. It might be easier to reconfigure that from scratch but I've never set up gem, so I don't know how much work that is.

Also, you'll need to be ready to deal with the Network/IP address configuration. You don't want both ISY's manually configured to the same IP address. If you have a manual IP setting I'd recommend changing that to auto and backing that up for the restore.... or not have them both online at the same time.

Paul

All went as hoped!

Thanks

Well, let me eat some crow.... I have 3 items that I am having issues with after the upgrade.

1 - 6 button remote (works fine but when I re-establish a module... ISY says it can not communicate with it.... although the remote works fine?)

1 - On/Off module (unfortunately the only on happens to be the power source for my laptop. It turns on at 6:00AM and off at 10:30PM... I noticed that the module was not on when my laptop shut-down and the battery hit 20%) here again the module responds to commands. I re-established it and will see tomorrow morning what happens) 

The I tried to re-establish the remote seems to go through the process. Not sure what else to do. 

Well, I managed to get them both up and running and my original thoughts were to keep the GEM/DashBox Energy Management data streaming to the ISY994I. I want to move the devices and programs to the ISY994ZW. This would eliminate the cluttered ISY log for when I am looking for something regarding the devices, as the DashBox sends a ton of data making it next to impossible to locate things in the log at a fast glance. Sounds good on paper. Now that I am in the process of getting everything ready, I realized that the (1) PLM will be on the ISY994ZW. The issue is that with all the GEM's Energy Management data flowing into the ISY994I, I can not access that data from the other ISY, when certain electrical thresholds are met without going through a bunch of programming hoops. Is this assumption correct? I have to purchase another PLM? Ughhhhhhhhhhh  

Archived