Airplay to speak notifications?

sorka

• 2 months later...

I would be interested in pushing an mp3 file to a Yamaha MusicCast speaker using ISY as either a notification or part of a security scheme to scare off a prowler.

I found an API but it's rather old. Surely there is a way to do something with a network resource.

Any ideas?

50 minutes ago, markv58 said:

I would be interested in pushing an mp3 file to a Yamaha MusicCast speaker using ISY as either a notification or part of a security scheme to scare off a prowler.

I found an API but it's rather old. Surely there is a way to do something with a network resource.

Any ideas?

The ISY Portal has a way of initiating many speech texts out of an Amazon speaker but they are all in Alexa's voice from straight text.

I started developing an mp3 file player into my Alexa speakers, triggered from ISY via Rest but I could never get the Alexa speakers to interact with my RPi Bluetooth. Connects OK but refuses to accept input.

36 minutes ago, larryllix said:

The ISY Portal has a way of initiating many speech texts out of an Amazon speaker but they are all in Alexa's voice from straight text.

I started developing an mp3 file player into my Alexa speakers, triggered from ISY via Rest but I could never get the Alexa speakers to interact with my RPi Bluetooth. Connects OK but refuses to accept input.

I think I'd like to have a loud rack of a shotgun and a raspy voice saying "Get outta here before I call the cops", don't think Alexa can pull that off.

I get foot traffic down the alley late at night a few times a year and sometimes they ignore the siren and light coming on while they peer into my vehicle. I do usually get nice video that my local PD really appreciates.

1 hour ago, markv58 said:

I think I'd like to have a loud rack of a shotgun and a raspy voice saying "Get outta here before I call the cops", don't think Alexa can pull that off.

I get foot traffic down the alley late at night a few times a year and sometimes they ignore the siren and light coming on while they peer into my vehicle. I do usually get nice video that my local PD really appreciates.

X10 used to make a device Rex-10 you hang on your door which pounds the door and barks in  a loud volume. :)

I use a raspberry pi to play my notifications through a NR. It'll only play prerecorded sounds and announcements though.

Here's the link to the setup guide. Just a heads up, Looks like OpenELEC has become unsupported. LibreELEC is the current supported fork and uses the same API.

Archived