Connecting MobiLinc directly to my ISY

jblackst5000

I plan on continuing to subscribe to MobiLinc Connect for it's features, but as a backup, I would like to add a second profile called "ISY" where I would connect directly to my ISY. I saved the default profile to MobiLinc Connect and want to add one called ISY. I tried pressing the "+" button but it asked if I wanted to sign in to MobilLinc Connect with another user or the one I have. If I bypass MobiLinc Connect should I not be seeing a screen asking for IP address, port number ect. Please advise. Thanks Wes.

Jim

Hi @jblackst5000 ,

Go to Settings->Lighting Controller to enter in your IP information once you have "ISY" selected for the "Host Type" field.

Just so you have all the information, if you were thinking about opening up a port to your ISY for manual external access, I would not recommend that and instead limit your direct IP connection to internal IP only. Two reasons:

1. Exposing the ISY to the greater internet with an open port is a security risk.
2. With an open port, we see several customer's ISY going busy and appear to be unresponsive due to port scanner traffic finding the open port and interrogating the ISY. Excessive network requests can use up all available network resources on the ISY which causes the ISY to drop from MobiLinc Connect. 

Wes

Archived