ISY Portal Maintenance - 11-25-2018

bmercier

Hello everyone,

We will have a maintenance next Sunday 11-25-2018 at 5:00 AM PDT which will last for up to 1 hour. During this period, ISY portal will be down.

New features:

• Multi-ISY Support for Amazon Echo
  • Multi-ISY Support for Google Home
  • Amazon Echo: The live update button has been removed. It will be enabled automatically if the skill is enabled.

Notes:

• In "My Profile", you will have an option to include your preferred ISY or all ISYs in the account. 
  • Duplicate spokens: Make sure your spokens are unique across your ISYs. There is a validation when you save your spokens, but this only checks that it is unique for the current ISY.
  • If using all ISYs in the account,  the "Send to Google Home", will send all spokens from all ISYs in account. Not just the spokens in the current ISY dialog.

Benoit

9 hours ago, bmercier said:

Hello everyone,

We will have a maintenance next Sunday 11-25-2018 at 5:00 AM PDT which will last for up to 1 hour. During this period, ISY portal will be down.

New features:

• Multi-ISY Support for Amazon Echo
  • Multi-ISY Support for Google Home
  • Amazon Echo: The live update button has been removed. It will be enabled automatically if the skill is enabled.

Notes:

• In "My Profile", you will have an option to include your preferred ISY or all ISYs in the account. 
  • Duplicate spokens: Make sure your spokens are unique across your ISYs. There is a validation when you save your spokens, but this only checks that it is unique for the current ISY.
  • If using all ISYs in the account,  the "Send to Google Home", will send all spokens from all ISYs in account. Not just the spokens in the current ISY dialog.

Benoit

Benoit,

Will this have any impact on how things like Agave work, since Agave also links to the preferred ISY?  Of course with Agave we don't need multi-ISY use since there is no Agave account issue accessing two different portal accounts.

25 minutes ago, apostolakisl said:

Benoit,

Will this have any impact on how things like Agave work, since Agave also links to the preferred ISY?  Of course with Agave we don't need multi-ISY use since there is no Agave account issue accessing two different portal accounts.

This should not have any impact.

The preferred ISY is still on the user profile. The only changes are a new field on the user profile, and the GH/Echo integration which now supports multiple ISYs.

Benoit.

Hello everyone,

If your echo is no longer responding since this morning, please unlink and relink the skill.

I unfortunately found a bug in a DB conversion program used for the update. Anyone which did NOT have live update enabled will have to unlink and relink.

My apologies,

Benoit.

Benoit:

I followed the steps to the Enable step. I clicked Disable then on Enable. I entered my Amazon User credentials then my Password for the subject portal. The Password was rejected. I then entered an older password and that was accepted!!! I was not asked for the ISY Portal Authorization. I opened Settings and all my devices were there. I selected Forget Devises and Discover Devices . All appeared well but Alexa still will not respond to spokens. Something obviously went wrong at the Portal Authorization step.

Note: I have two portals.

7 minutes ago, smokegrub said:

Benoit:

I followed the steps to the Enable step. I clicked Disable then on Enable. I entered my Amazon User credentials then my Password for the subject portal. The Password was rejected. I then entered an older password and that was accepted!!! I was not asked for the ISY Portal Authorization. I opened Settings and all my devices were there. I selected Forget Devises and Discover Devices . All appeared well but Alexa still will not respond to spokens. Something obviously went wrong at the Portal Authorization step.

Note: I have two portals.

Please retry.

I looked at both of your ISYs, and both need to be re-linked.

I see that the discovery worked for one of yours, but still, they need to be relinked.

Benoit

1 minute ago, smokegrub said:

Given my message to you that the last step-in your email failed (Enter your ISY Portal user and password (In the ISY Portal Authorization dialog)?

Yes.

Please unlink the skill and relink. When prompted for your ISY credentials, enter your ISY Portal user and password (the one for the location you want to synchronize with).

5 minutes ago, cvanhoose said:

Can anyone else see there thermostat controls in the Alexa app now? I can voice control the thermostat from Alexa but can no longer see the status. Message says “Waiting for UdI”

I looked at the logs and found an error that I think is related to your problem. That's the only thermostat query which is failing.

You seem to be querying a thermostat that no longer exists in your ISY Portal Echo device list. Could you have 2 thermostats, one you are vocally controlling, but when querying you are using another one (an older insteon device?)

If you look the at the web alexa app, the thermostat would be marked as offline.

Benoit

The normal password I use for this account would nt be accepted. I tried a difference password for an account that existed long ago and was not being used. That one worked. But, when I clicked enable I got a message about not being able to open a browser window. Everything was working fine until your update. I checked out the portal and that is working fine. It appears that somehow my Amazon account for the Chesapeake portal may have been deleted to otherwise rendered inaccessible. I have not yet tested the Wolf Creek Amazon account.

8 minutes ago, bmercier said:

I looked at the logs and found an error that I think is related to your problem. That's the only thermostat query which is failing.

You seem to be querying a thermostat that no longer exists in your ISY Portal Echo device list. Could you have 2 thermostats, one you are vocally controlling, but when querying you are using another one (an older insteon device?)

If you look the at the web alexa app, the thermostat would be marked as offline.

Benoit

I deleted both thermostat devices. Then discovered new devices which added them back. Both have the correct address. Still no go on the thermostat controls via the app. 

I am able to control all other devices within the app or by voice commands after relinking  

I am using a 2gig CT100. I am able to voice control the device with Alexa. 

My Father is having the same issue at his house. 

1 minute ago, cvanhoose said:

I deleted both thermostat devices. Then discovered new devices which added them back. Both have the correct address. Still no go on the thermostat controls via the app. 

I am able to control all other devices within the app or by voice commands after relinking  

I am using a 2gig CT100. I am able to voice control the device with Alexa. 

My Father is having the same issue at his house. 

Please PM me your UUID, will check the logs.

Benoit

8 minutes ago, smokegrub said:

The normal password I use for this account would nt be accepted. I tried a difference password for an account that existed long ago and was not being used. That one worked. But, when I clicked enable I got a message about not being able to open a browser window. Everything was working fine until your update. I checked out the portal and that is working fine. It appears that somehow my Amazon account for the Chesapeake portal may have been deleted to otherwise rendered inaccessible. I have not yet tested the Wolf Creek Amazon account.

So the password issue is with the Amazon account. You may want to try to reset that password.

Benoit

9 minutes ago, cvanhoose said:

PM sent. Thank you. 

Whats odd is, when the voice command is sent from my Alexa Show, the controls show on the interface on the Show and I can adjust it there, but the controls won’t show in the Alexa app. 

I can reproduce the issue in the test environment.

Alexa app does not show the device status, Echo show shows the ambient temps and setpoint, and allows to change it.

This morning's update did not have changes in the area of thermostat handling. This looks to me as a breaking change in the Alexa app.

Do you remember when was the last time you used it on the Alexa app?

Benoit

5 minutes ago, bmercier said:

I can reproduce the issue in the test environment.

Alexa app does not show the device status, Echo show shows the ambient temps and setpoint, and allows to change it.

This morning's update did not have changes in the area of thermostat handling. This looks to me as a breaking change in the Alexa app.

Do you remember when was the last time you used it on the Alexa app?

Benoit

I used it several days ago no prob. My normal usage is with MobiLinc which is working, so this isn’t a necessary function for me. 

Thanks for testing. 

Archived